95 tahoe trans junk what else works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone how's the summer going.mine not so great lots of truck repairs and an empty wallEt but I'm sure lots of us are going thru that.anyways I'm here for alittle help on the 95 tahoe my son owns.trans failed lost reverse so started heading home and lost everything on the way.I think the pump went.my question is all info points to a 95 only trans on this truck.but when you look at parts for it it shows 93-97 parts fit.so im wondering has anyone else used a different trans and if so what parts are different or what you had to do.thanks for any help!! VJ

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well 1998 when to a different bell and converter size. so staying in in 93-97 avoid the hassle of refitting parts for that. you are not restricted to just 95 tahoes tho. any 95 truck/suv with the 4l60e tranny on the back of a 5.0-5.7 should be fine. someone else will chime in i hope because i think i am forgetting something that had to do with the upgrades they got over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts