95 hoe needs a new motor BUT ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warlord

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone tell my why i wouldnt drop this in http://www.summitracing.com/search/...-4-1-truck-long-block-assemblies?autoview=SKU

instead of the 200 hp factory set up

is there a fit issue or a computer issue ???

and what transmision and t case are in a 95 2 door hoe with 5.7 and auto

any help would be great as i just bought one with a bagged motor and trans

only cost me 500 bucks so i plan on spending a few bucks and putting a good combo in

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a Vortec motor, your 95 intake won't fit, you would need a carb intake with an adapter or the joke TBI vortec intake, the cam is different as well. You may get that engine with the right parts to run but it won't be optimal, you would need a chip to get the most out of it. Also that engine has a crank sensor hole in the timing cover that your 95 doesn't.

The 95s had a 4L60E transmission in them.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
but in case you stick with stock here is a brand new block assembly for the tbi. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12568758/overview/

remanned tranny from gm costs about the same.

there are other things you can do to the engine but it can get pricey. such as conversion to mpfi but not sure if it will bolt on to vortec head on a tbi block. think it was designed as a drop in system. vortec heads would be nice tho. it gives a rough 25% increase of hp over the tbi heads.

what other options you looking to explore. perhaps a complete vortec drivetrain conversion?

Mike_L

Banned
Reaction score
Or just go big and drop in a ZZ572. You know the big block fits because it was an option on the Suburban, the 572 has the standard bellhousing bolt pattern, so the tranny bolts up. You can use a carb legally since the motor is newer then yours, and there are companies that make controllers for the 4L60E. No real issues. 95 should be old enough that it doesn't have OBD2 (which was required in 96).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10