95 Chevy Tahoe problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dredrik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
alright, i have tried everything.
I wrecked my Tahoe about a year ago and have been working on getting it fixed for that entire year. i broke off the back left axle and bent the torsion bar on the front. After months of searching, i replaced the rear axle and front left Torsion bar, A arm, and entire assembly.

my tahoe is now up and running again and it will turn left, but for somereason wont turn right. The wheels will go strait foreward but will not go any further right. Anyone have any solutions or ideas on what the problem might be?

i dont want it to be the Steering Box but that just might be it...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
When turning right does the ps pump strain itself like wheel lock in one direction or does it sound light like you start to turn left?

HankHill

Reaction score
So the steering wheel binds up when turning right? I'm willing to bet there's more damage that needs repaired. Frame is tweaked or something not allowing the steering links to operate normally....

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you pull the pitman arm?? On some vehicles those weren't keyed and it's possible to put on "backwards" which would limit steering in one direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz