2001 Chery Tahoe Brakes problem??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dcrazys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2001 Chery Tahoe LS I am having problem with the brakes. if anyone have this problem? because I never had something like this before. what happen was my brakes line broke and I replace the line and bleeding it out also use scanner to do ABS Bleeding too So when not running pumping the brake and it got hard to press the brake feel good the brake BUT the min, I start up the Tahoe and put my foot on the brake and it goes right down to the floor? I also repeating bleeding the brake while not running pumping brakes then got hard no leak full brake fluid again start up the Tahoe brake goes to floor again? what the hell going on here? Master cycle or booster or whatever? please help me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 Chery Tahoe LS I am having problem with the brakes. if anyone have this problem? because I never had something like this before. what happen was my brakes line broke and I replace the line and bleeding it out also use scanner to do ABS Bleeding too So when not running pumping the brake and it got hard to press the brake feel good the brake BUT the min, I start up the Tahoe and put my foot on the brake and it goes right down to the floor? I also repeating bleeding the brake while not running pumping brakes then got hard no leak full brake fluid again start up the Tahoe brake goes to floor again? what the hell going on here? Master cycle or booster or whatever? please help me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
You got air trapped in the rears likely. Bleed the brakes with autobleed with vehicle RUNNING. Be prepared to find one particular brake caliper that all of sudden spurts alot of air after 3 or 4 cycles of bleeding. For my Tahoe it is usually passenger rear that is the guy.

You can park downhill and get the rear higher or you can jack the rear up off the ground a reasonable amount of height and this all will facilitate getting the air pushed out of the ABS manifold and to the calipers.

Doublecheck that replaced broken line for leaking. If its leaking fluid, its sucking in air too.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the master went dry when the line was busted, you likely have air trapped in the master. bleed the master by pumping the pedal and cracking the line nuts like they were a bleeder valve on a caliper. then do the rest of the bleeding as you have been. make sure the master does not go dry while bleeding.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Air is somewhere in that system for sure. Patience and repeated bleeder screw openings in your future. Keep that master cylinder full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar