94 yukon want more power!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Z71kon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
plz help me out!! my motor is so sluggish and jus weak!!! i havent the the yukon long always had vortec motors! wat do i need to DO???? IM FIXIN TO PUT A 35 OR A 37 ON IT SOON SO I NEED SOME POWER!!! i know gears will help wat gear?? and wat about the motor!! all advice n tips would be appreciated!! thank u

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOOBIES

Welcome to the site.

Need more power?

Help your engine breather get an aftermarket Air kit, the Spectre Dual Ram Air kit looks sick. for $100 why not?

Next, get her to flow better, get some headers and do the exhaust back!

These will free up some ponies and gain some MPG!

Also,how many miles on your hoe? How about you free up some ponies while you maintain your hoe? MSD wires, coil, new fuel filter, and finally SEAFOAM HER! Get all the carbon out.

Not enough for ya, convert to e-fans.

Last but not least tie it all together with a tune.

Also add a TB Spacer and Holley TBI unit as well.

Feel free to correct me, I own a Vortec.

ff40

OP
OP

94Z71kon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks man and it has 170 k on it!! i have duels and just tuned it up but it has a high gear it as well and u say tune meanin a chip?? and that holley kit is like a grand is it really worth that and where do i get that intake???

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no need to swap the intake, the have a direct reelacement throttle body with injectors and all the sensors i was going to buy it for my 95 it is around $400, and the spacer is a good idea, i doesnt do shit on vortecs but on tbi motors it is good , because it is wet air injected throttle body.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Holley/510/502-6/10002/-1?CT=999 and jegs has free gorund shipping

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fullsizechevy.com and gmt400.com there are used holleys for like $200 bucks.

My mentality is if its used why buy new parts (of course on certain things). I'd go with used Holley unit unless you got bank bro.

ff40

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gears aside, do you run enough lift to fit said tires? if yes than a minimum of 4.56 but if 37s are in the future 4.88 at least.

Power: intake and exhaust or start thinking a motor rebuild or swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz