90K miles on original tires. Any one using Michelins Cross Climate2 tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MrMonte

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They LOOK useful in rain - but really, how much faster are you going to drive with those in the rain, compared to these:

And I agree with RST Dana about directional tires.
I always rotate front to back & not side to side but I run directional tires normally.

Here's a compare of these 2 tires. Big weight difference between the 2 as well.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are not doing off-roading or requiring an 'aggressive' tire look, I'd recommend Michelin Defenders.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had great experience with Michelin Defender LTX M/S's on our Yukon Denali XL's and Escalade ESV's with performance and mileage in year-round use in Ohio.

My only personal experience with the Michelins Cross Climate2 was in a newer Acura MDX we drove for 2 days that had a set of these tires. Much different vehicle platform than our full-size SUV rigs so not sure if it's an "apples to apples" comparison... The Michelins Cross Climate2 were absolutely fantastic in moderate rain. I was proactively trying to hydroplane and couldn't rolling down the highway at 85+. I did think they rode a little stiffer than the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. But that could also be based on different tire sizes and maybe with smaller sidewalls than the 285/45R22?

As I'm sure you know the original LTX M/S have been discontinued and replaced with the Defender LTX M/S2's. They appear to be pretty much the same tire, with only a very slight change to the tread pattern if you're paying close attention.

Just put a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S2's on the wifes '19 Escalade ESV Premium today.

I really don't think you can go wrong either way. Just looking at the two side by side the Michelin Cross Climate2 is severe snow service rated with a lower mileage warranty. So they may perform better in rain and snow, not last quite as long, and also maybe ride a little stiffer than the Michelin Defender LTX M/S2's. That being said I think the pros and cons or "differences" are probably marginal for each.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I look at the CC2's I just see noisy..... Tell me if I'm wrong.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set of the cross climate 2's on my wife's VW Tiguan and they're great in the rain during our monsoon season here. No cons like road noise or stiffness in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401