9.5SF Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seal and bearing drivers and will eventually get the pullers. The pinion seal tools are mostly one piece plastic now.

I would like to have the tools to service the differentials, transmission and transfer case. Picked up the big solid tool handle, J-8092 and may get the short one if the price is right. got the rear output shaft seal adapter for my transfer case, DT-48210 and scored the adapter to seat the filter gasket inside a 6L80 transmission and working on a deal right now to get the axle tube bearing, seal and pinion seal adapters for the front differential which most parts would work on both 8.25 and 9.25 axles. Then will do same for the rear.

Right on your getting some serious in depth tools. Its always nice to have all the tools needed for any job that might need doing. After all a mans only as good as his tools. I'm contemplating if I want to completely pull the 14b I end up with apart and send everything including the axle itself to get powder coated but that would require a full rebuild instead of just a carrier and bearings. I guess the decider will be if i score one under $500. Not sure what color id coat it anyway. Probably just glossy black.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Grrr called today to order the 9.5 I was quoted about yesterday and when I got the vin it comes back as a 2011 Savana Van. 1GK51EEF8BR221624
https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-lookup/1GK51EEF8BR221624

Kinda irritated and a little sketched out now about using this company. Clearly a 2011 Savana 2500 rear axle would have been leaf sprung and not 5link like I need. Even checked GMparts.com and sure enough they were leaf spring only.
Got that AXN rear on my 05 Express van.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
axn from 2wd escalade/denali bolts right in. the rest of them from truck/vans are leaf spring. had to massage the brake lines a little bit (wrecker cut the axn lines so i had to move them over from 10bolt.) when i was looking they were hard to find under $500 but on the other end after looking i ended up grabbing one from LKQ out of a 26k mile escalade for $750 delivered through a friends account.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/10-bolt-to-14-bolt-9-5-sf-swap.103626/

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on your getting some serious in depth tools. Its always nice to have all the tools needed for any job that might need doing. After all a mans only as good as his tools. I'm contemplating if I want to completely pull the 14b I end up with apart and send everything including the axle itself to get powder coated but that would require a full rebuild instead of just a carrier and bearings. I guess the decider will be if i score one under $500. Not sure what color id coat it anyway. Probably just glossy black.

That's the plan. We're going to purchase 2 or 3 more of these GMT900s and keep them for a while and want all the tools to service them.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! Sorry to get your hopes up. I could've sworn I saw an AXN on the sticker.View attachment 243708 View attachment 243709 View attachment 243710
Sorry if I got your hopes up Dan.

12bolt? Must be a 2015+ right?

axn from 2wd escalade/denali bolts right in. the rest of them from truck/vans are leaf spring. had to massage the brake lines a little bit (wrecker cut the axn lines so i had to move them over from 10bolt.) when i was looking they were hard to find under $500 but on the other end after looking i ended up grabbing one from LKQ out of a 26k mile escalade for $750 delivered through a friends account.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/10-bolt-to-14-bolt-9-5-sf-swap.103626/

An axle with 26k miles would probably be worth the higher price tag. Thanks for the thread! Since the search function Isnt working right lately I was having a hard time finding past threads.

That's the plan. We're going to purchase 2 or 3 more of these GMT900s and keep them for a while and want all the tools to service them.

That's kinda where I'm at with GMT800 stuff. Its nice to troubleshoot using known good parts off another vehicle and having a nice stack of reserve parts that fit everything.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
12bolt? Must be a 2015+ right?

An axle with 26k miles would probably be worth the higher price tag. Thanks for the thread! Since the search function Isnt working right lately I was having a hard time finding past threads.

That's kinda where I'm at with GMT800 stuff. Its nice to troubleshoot using known good parts off another vehicle and having a nice stack of reserve parts that fit everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh