7.5" Rough Country lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonya the Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone installed or driven one of these? Looking to see if anyone has real world experience with this kit.

I just had 4wheelparts install my 7.5 RC lift. I also got RC uppers and their full length front struts and rear shocks too.
Ride is awesome! I almost don't wanna mess with it.
Problem is, it squats!! Also, the front wheels are spaced out more than the rear now. I didn't expect that because both 4WP and RC websites specifically state that it produces a level stance.
I think I'll have to get new wheel spacers for the front and new spring spacers for the rear. Sure feels nice sitting up high.

20210125_152447.jpg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had 4wheelparts install my 7.5 RC lift. I also got RC uppers and their full length front struts and rear shocks too.
Ride is awesome! I almost don't wanna mess with it.
Problem is, it squats!! Also, the front wheels are spaced out more than the rear now. I didn't expect that because both 4WP and RC websites specifically state that it produces a level stance.
I think I'll have to get new wheel spacers for the front and new spring spacers for the rear. Sure feels nice sitting up high.

View attachment 269413
@Tonya the Tahoe I have seen a lot of people that use that same kit and have that problem. They usually put a spring spacer in the rear to raise the rear even with the front and they use wheel spacers on the rear wheels to make then poke out the same as the front. I think that kit uses aftermarket steering knuckle that makes the front tires poke out more.

Mordechai

Reaction score
The RC lift is okay. You get what you pay for. Its a stretched out 5 inch lift so your angles are horrible. I've seen them bend when used seriously off road. If you are going RC, id avoid their struts and shocks by all means. They ride like garbage.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
The angles on my fabtech 6” stretched to 8” on the Tahoe are great and aligned perfect
Compared to my 7.5” rc my uca angle and lca were maxed out and couldn’t align hardly. The powder coating they do sucks but I mean for the money it’s ok but I would eventually upgrade to a different crossmember drop to help the lower ball joints out some that’s what I’m doing is getting new crossmembers and the rest will be the rc kit

MoHo13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 with the RCX 7.5” lift and am very pleased with how it rides and drives. I just bought the Tahoe with the lift kit already installed so don’t know a ton of details, but I have Fox reservoir shocks on the rear and I’m thinking about replacing the front RC coil overs with Fox as well. Mine seems pretty level, maybe a slight rear rake, and I have 2” spacers on the rear to match the wider front. 09C0B106-BA6E-4040-BF93-5E993363E01B.jpeg

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From experience, spend a little more and get a better quality kit. Zone has a good kit as well as BDS. I think I may going Caddy style ($$$) this time and get a Cognito lift. Like said above, you get what you pay for!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos