08 tahoe 2wd w/RC 7.5 lift not level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReedR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After installing RC 7.5 lift w/N3 struts on my 08 Tahoe LTZ 2wd the rear sits lower then the front 2 inches . RC says it should be level and the ride height should be 28 1/2 inches (center of wheel to fender). Mine sits 29 1/4 in the front and 27 1/4 in the rear. RC sent me new rear coil springs thinking the rear is sagging. Everything is still the same after install. Anybody ever heard of this or had this problem.

20200828_193140.jpg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing RC 7.5 lift w/N3 struts on my 08 Tahoe LTZ 2wd the rear sits lower then the front 2 inches . RC says it should be level and the ride height should be 28 1/2 inches (center of wheel to fender). Mine sits 29 1/4 in the front and 27 1/4 in the rear. RC sent me new rear coil springs thinking the rear is sagging. Everything is still the same after install. Anybody ever heard of this or had this problem.

View attachment 256741
@ReedR I have not heard of this happening but with the front sitting that much higher there is certainly a part mix-up. I highly doubt that incorrectly installing a part could result in this. I would double check that part numbers of the parts you have and compare it to what that kit should include.

When I look up that lift kit I see that the components providing the lift up front are: Struts, strut spacers, lift knuckles.

And for the rear is: lift coil springs, coil spring spacers.

You mentioned the coil springs but did you also install the rear coil spacers?

OP
OP
ReedR

ReedR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@ReedR I have not heard of this happening but with the front sitting that much higher there is certainly a part mix-up. I highly doubt that incorrectly installing a part could result in this. I would double check that part numbers of the parts you have and compare it to what that kit should include.

When I look up that lift kit I see that the components providing the lift up front are: Struts, strut spacers, lift knuckles.

And for the rear is: lift coil springs, coil spring spacers.

You mentioned the coil springs but did you also install the rear coil spacers?
Yeah I talked with RC directly, parts are correct. They also told me there aren't coil spring spacers with this kit. I've looked at several sites and they all show spacers in the parts break down, even RC site says it does. The list of parts in the box doesn't show spacers either. The front struts are RC N3, so no spacer. They are about 3/4 of an inch to long. What's really strange is the order sheet that came with the new springs calls them 6 inch Suburban/Danali XL. They are exactly the same as the original one they sent me. RC says they are correct. I think I'll just pick up some spacers myself and not deal with Rough Country any more.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it will settle more than an inch up front, but things may take a bit to break in and settle into place. did you torque the control arms with weight on the suspension or hanging?

OP
OP
ReedR

ReedR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I doubt it will settle more than an inch up front, but things may take a bit to break in and settle into place. did you torque the control arms with weight on the suspension or hanging?
Yeah I did torque hanging until we lowered it and it squeaked just by pushing on the fender so I loosened and tightened with tires on the ground. RC guy said it would settle too but like you said almost an inch is a lot.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ReedR I agree, this has to be an incorrect part or something. That's lame that RC isn't much help. You should be fine to get a rear spacer just make sure that rear shocks have plenty of travel.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

View attachment 256741

Leave it like that, that's the new trend, lol

All kidding aside get you some rear spring spacers, they are cheap and easy to install

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN