6L80 trans T/C failure took out 5/6 gear @93k miles 2019 Suburban 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys, just figured this would be a good post since I’ve personally now experienced a T/C failure and went through a minor performance build on my 2019 Suburbans 6L80 trans.

Was headed on a road trip to San Louis Obispo when I lost 5/6 gear, luckily I was able to put trans in manual mode and set max shifting to 4th gear only and drive it that way the rest of the trip with 0 and mean 0 issues.

Got home and took to a local reputable trans rebuild shop
Pacific Coast Transmission
1911 Pacific Coast Hwy
Lomita, CA 90717
United States

they popped the trans open and said it was a T/C failure but not as bad as they’ve seen. They quoted me $3750 for rebuild, re-machine pump surface. I had them also install the “Zip-kit”,Billet JBMX, red frictions and Koleen steels I provided seperately. So altogether it was $4600 out the door.
Mind you I don’t tow or race the truck i overland her and she’s a road trip queen. Just 3.5” lifted with 34.5 tires and factory 3.08 (will be changed to 3.73 soon).

I gotta hand it to the BlackBear performance TCM tune that helped this trans perform for as long as it did. I have the actual out the door paperwork attached below for others to review.

Btw I took my Suburban on a 650 mile round trip to Yosemite and back the same day I picked it up from the shop. Performed flawlessly as expected even in 100+ heat.

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpeg
    IMG_0805.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 5

Borrowed_Time068

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m about to bring my 2016 Yukon with 103k in for a probable TC failure. Pretty frustrating to deal with this expense since it’s 90% highway miles. It also has the wobble at 75 MPH plus which I think is the driveshaft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts