65 Ford Mustang-SOLD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
20230623_154429.jpg20230623_154522.jpg20230623_155125.jpg20230623_155249.jpg20230623_155402.jpg

I do have other pictures that I can send if needed. Will be posted on CL and FB locally, here in Eugene, Or., and then eventually on B.A.T. It is a 1965 Mustang painted in Forest Green. Is a factory 4 speed manual transmission, black electric convertible top done 9 years and about 1400 miles ago, has a 289 2bbl with manual steering. Has the factory "Pony" interior with the factory Pony floor mats. No dents. Has the factory option trunk luggage rack. Fresh battery in June of 2023. has GT fog lights added. Flow Master dual exhaust. Odometer shows 16,605 miles.

Owner has paperwork for mechanical work done 1200 miles ago. New UBJ's, new brake drums all around, new front shoes, 10 front wheel studs, new shoe adjusters, new front inner and outer wheel bearings, distributor cap and rotor to fix a misfire, new front u-joint, new rear brake hose and line to re-route for dual exhaust......clutch is at end of adjustment and releases high but does grab as should. No slippage. Will need a new clutch eventually.

She is asking $40,000 Or Best Offer. Contact me if interested.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I googled the crap out of this and still do not under freakin' stand what you are sayin'.

:rotflmao:

I just made it up on the fly. "LS-swap it".

If I had a side hustle LS-swapping things, "Ellis Woppit" would be the name on the patch sewn to my shirt. If I had an IG, that'd be my handle.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I did an edit and is now listed at $40k or best offer. I do believe that I can talk her in to $30k but may take a bit to do so. I did have an offer this morning for $25k off of the CL ad. Have to approach her with that and see what she says.

Reaction score
I think that $25k seems to be a pretty good offer.

If in doubt of the value, spend a couple hundred and have it appraised. Places out there do it for insurance companies to insure classic, custom, and collectible vehicles.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd think $30K is a good deal for that machine. Rag top, V8, and three pedals. Sharp car too!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The 65 Mustang sold yesterday morning. Had a prospective buyer call from Portland, Oregon and we talked. He is an automotive shop owner there. He is Ukranian and has been in the country since he was 14. He personally could not be here yesterday but his son, who also works at the shop, and his brother, who also works at the shop, showed up with a nice all aluminum 24 foot trailer and had cash. Sold for $25,500. I took a road test with the son, I drove, and he liked the vehicle and they both crawled under to inspect for rust and found none. Any known problems were freely shared with them. They loaded and tied down the car while the seller and myself counted the cash and signed over the title and Bill of Sale. She gave me $300 cash for my help in the sale process and is taking me and my girl out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner, when she gets back from an upcoming trip to Texas for 2 weeks.

I personally think that she could have gotten more for the vehicle if she had replaced the oil pan and clutch and did a complete under carriage clean up and addressed a 50-60 mph front shimmy and a high speed brake pulsation. The tires are over 10+ years old and likely source of the highway speed shimmy. The shimmy goes away at 60+ mph. I believe that the new shoes and drums on the front, needed to be arced and the brake shimmy would have been gone. Then put it on B.A.T. but I did as she asked and she did not want to put any more money in the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660