Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ordo 87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I wanted to make the wisest choice when choosing how to utilize my tax money the gov sent back to me for round 1 of the "Economic Recovery"; so of course I chose to put a 6" lift on my 06 Yukon Denali. I know of no better way to use tax monies.
So here's the issue...
Job finished in Feb and now everything has settled pretty much. Now I'm noticing that the front bump stops are riding on the lower control arm/torsion bar area and I only have an inch of clearance in rear bump stop area.

I'm looking for advice on what my options are for correcting this as the ride in the front and rear is jarring.
If I need to start cutting, what should I cut and how should I maintain adequate suspension travel (kind of the point of the lift).

Thanks in advance for the Tahoe/Yukon community support!

-Boaz
RC.and.BumpStops2_Driver.jpg

RC.and.BumpStops1_passenger.jpg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ordo 87 Does the truck sit level and how are your control arm angles? If the angles look good you might be able to lift the front a little bit to gain more travel. If your suspension cannot articulate that will really hurt ride quality.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might be some info of interest in this thread:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/any-all-help-suggestions-welcome.119914/

The front JOUNCE stops are an integral part of the suspension (they're not "bump" stops, although they are mis-labeled that sometimes) and should always be contacting the lower control arms. You may need to shave yours a bit or buy shorter ones if they are too compressed.

OP
OP
Ordo 87

Ordo 87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Ordo 87 Does the truck sit level and how are your control arm angles? If the angles look good you might be able to lift the front a little bit to gain more travel. If your suspension cannot articulate that will really hurt ride quality.

Truck is level and the angles are near stock due to the 6" lift. I haven't made any adjustments to the torsion keys but I didn't even think about that after getting the lift. My only two options seem to be cutting the JOUNCE stops and/or fine tuning the torsion keys.
In the rear, I plan on just cutting/removing an inch or two from the lower stop to provide more travel on the softer Rough Country springs.

I'll post an update after I test these out...