6.2L L94 & 6L80 into my 1992 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Maybe I should do this to a hoe some day when I have the cash for another one and the parts for the swap. I bet I could make this work with ease. but no extra toys to play with. btw, why not leave in the existing pcm for the cruise control? no room?

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

also how about a linear range transmitter for the brake issue.

OP
OP
N

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should do this to a hoe some day when I have the cash for another one and the parts for the swap. I bet I could make this work with ease. but no extra toys to play with. btw, why not leave in the existing pcm for the cruise control? no room?

The L94 is DBW, so a cable cruise would be worthless. BTW, DBW is required for DOD/AFM

also how about a linear range transmitter for the brake issue.

Why? It's much easier to swap out the OS. As far as there being problems with OS compatibility, that's just part of the swap.

The more complex you make the swap, the more complex the problems. I chose to go very complex. Complete factory emissions. DOD/AFM. Factory cruise, TU/TD shifting. Tow mode. BCM. These are all things that aren't required, but things I wanted that added to the complexity of the swap. Plus, it's going slow because I'm restoring as I go along. I'm replacing all of the factory wiring with Ancor marine grade wire. I have to do extra things that aren't normally done, like getting the fuel level to the ECM. I need that for future mods I plan on adding. (Flat panel displays for gauges, Nav and music.)

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You are not going to put an ipad in it are you?

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

how about a car computer?

OP
OP
N

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT'S ALIVE!!!

Turns out it was the internal shift linkage. Interesting, because the trans was supposed to have come from a running vehicle. Not possible. I'll get videos up, but here are my impressions: The Dynomax VT mufflers sound great at level ground cruise and wide open throttle. Lot's of drone at uphill cruise. The valves need to be sprung stiffer. I really need a tune, because off the line is obviously restricted somehow. Once you're rolling, HOLY CRAP! The factory electric fans were well worth the effort. The Improved Racing engine oil cooler and trans oil cooler thermostats work great and are well worth the effort & cost. The factory truck DBW throttle needs a heavier spring. Mandrel bent dual exhaust sounds incredible at WOT. Setting up the steam vent as the engineers intended is worth it.

OP
OP
N

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah I thought it was probably torque management. I raised the torque limit in all the gears way up and disabled traction control. HOLY CRAP! It's fast off the line now. :) 0-60 in 6.0 flat according to Torque, and the tune isn't even close to being optimized right now. I should easily be able to shave .5 off of that down the road. That'll have to wait until she's broken in though.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Not broken in yet and you 0-60 it already?:Nonono:
You must use the ways of the force and have patience. Mind what you have learned. Save you it can. You will know when the drivetrain is ready for hard work... when you are calm, at peace, passive.

At that point Smash the throttle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) Actually I have the shift points set pretty low for break in. Even at WOT it's shifting at 4000. I'm a big believer in various cylinder pressures--including high ones--during break in. I think the higher pressure helps seat the rings properly. (That's also why I've disabled DOD for the first 1000 miles.) It's worked for me in the past. The 350 that came out at 224K Still had excellent compression and burned no oil.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very cool project! :waytogo: Not many people do the 6.2 so that's really cool!

OP
OP
N

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I stressed the expense a bit, but as soon as I drove it with Torque Limits disabled I decided it was totally worth it! Just light throttle and it leaps forward like my old Corvette. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123