6.2 Tahoe For Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Was this a 2009 only thing?

Depends on who you ask. Somethings I've read say it was available starting in '08 on the LTZ. I think perhaps it was available late '08 as an '09 model.

But yes for the most part, '09 only.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting... I never knew the 6.2 was even available in the Tahoe...

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
I bought my 6.2 from Double A in Easley, SC, where one of these is listed. Wouldn't say they're shady, but they definitely intentionally concealed some imperfections on the one I bought, at least in the online listing. If anybody wants me to look at that particular truck, lmk and I might be able to do so.

Last edited:

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't say they're shady, but they definitely intentionally concealed some imperfections on the one I bought, at least in the online listing.

I assume all dealers are like that. My strategy: Insist on a warranty. Inspect thoroughly within a few days of purchase, if not before. Budget to catch up on deferred maintenance.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
You can also look at the exhaust. The 6.2L exhaust comes straight out the back. The 5.3L exhaust curves down and exits at an angle.
I love the look of the can and slash-cut tip. Don't think I'll ever replace my resonator.
I assume all dealers are like that. My strategy: Insist on a warranty. Inspect thoroughly within a few days of purchase, if not before. Budget to catch up on deferred maintenance.
Financed through SCTelco and they offered a warranty, but I didn't take it and it's been fine. I did have to get my wheel bearings replaced like the week after I bought it, but other than that no issues so far. I told the salesman I wanted to go to a Chevy dealer and get a PPI, but he said they already had a mechanic look over it and I foolishly said ok. You live and you learn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a directory that lists out the features based on the VIN like this?

From a VIN you can tell when and where it was made and what trim level it is and of course the engine. The VIN will also tell you the GVWR class and brake system and from 2010 on the type of restraints.

You can download the GM Vincards for each year car and truck off of the internet.

On the previous page I showed the parts of a VIN to scan when looking for the 6.2 Tahoe. This same method can be adapted to look for others, like the 2500 Yukon XLs and Suburbans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf