Was there a police silver, an actual silver silver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets start by saying I am not talking about the dark charcoal, or the dark grey. I am asking about a lighter colored silver. I was thinking there was a different colored silver at one point, but not sure if its just the silver birch metallic (beige) in different lighting.

2cbf309869ba4234bff575657fa26744.jpg

Not sure what they are trying to pull but here is the only blurry picture on this listing.. (that's 140)

e64c4c806a7e476bb84777a4c5ba7a3b.jpg

with a missing console, (that I suspect had that police mount console in it.

f91c5a1445314b9aab63cb1a84883f44.jpg

I know we have at least a few of you fine occifers on here. You would probably know better if you have seen em.. Not sure if they were trying to not say anything about it.. Not sure if that means it was an undercover vehicle (and if there could be something in the past registration that might be ….. dangerous for someone??), or at the least, worth less for resale. Yet that seems odd that an LT would have the 140mph speedo...…

The rest of the pictures look like its probably silver birch, but I had to ask...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=485669850&zip=85029&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=85029&startYear=2000&numRecords=100&incremental=all&endYear=2006&modelCodeList=ESCALA%2CTAHOE%2CYUKON&makeCodeList=CAD%2CCHEV%2CGMC&driveGroup=RWD&sortBy=distanceASC&maxPrice=5000&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=on&searchRadius=0&startYear=2000&numRecords=100&maxPrice=5000&firstRecord=0&endYear=2006&modelCodeList=ESCALA,TAHOE,YUKON&makeCodeList=CAD,CHEV,GMC&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=TAHOE&clickType=listing

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what they are trying to pull but here is the only blurry picture on this listing.. (that's 140)

with a missing console, (that I suspect had that police mount console in it.
I can't answer your question, but clusters can be replaced, and they are a common failure item so it's possible it's had another cluster installed. However it would be a rare coincidence for it to be a 140 cluster as they aren't common.

Furthermore, it's quite common for Chevy (lower trim models) to have the short console like that. At this point you're just speculating. Get the VIN or get them to send a picture of the RPO sticker so you can see what options it has.

OP
OP
A

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the short console only came in the 99-2002 (this is an 05). I may be imagining things, but the carpet itself looks different around where a full console would have been.

I also thought the 140mph clusters ONLY came on PPVs. So they would have either had to get one used (which they are not common, and you usually pay more for them), or it came with it.....

YES I am definitely speculating, but throwing it out there to see if someone else might know more.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the short console only came in the 99-2002 (this is an 05). I may be imagining things, but the carpet itself looks different around where a full console would have been.

I also thought the 140mph clusters ONLY came on PPVs. So they would have either had to get one used (which they are not common, and you usually pay more for them), or it came with it.....

YES I am definitely speculating, but throwing it out there to see if someone else might know more.
My brother's 06 Suburban has a short console like that.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our Suburban is Silver Birch Metallic and was an FBI vehicle. Look at the RPOs to be sure.