6.2 gas vs. 3.0 Duramax, which one to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
I wouldn’t have any of the last two body styles, though, no matter the engine, because the quality is complete crap.
No kidding.

I’ve owned 5 SUVs and I’ve never purchased any of them wishing it were a van, yet GM seems to think that’s the style people want now?

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wait until any of the emission systems fail, injector(s) fail, or you put in some DEF it doesn’t like. Unless you’re a new car every 3 years person so you’re never without a warranty, it’ll cost you eventually. And DEF that is below quality isn’t warrantable either.

I wouldn’t have any of the last two body styles, though, no matter the engine, because the quality is complete crap.
Arguably the quality has gotten better with every generation. The old stuff is what bankrupted gm since it was not competitive and crappy. The new stuff actually competes.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding.

I’ve owned 5 SUVs and I’ve never purchased any of them wishing it were a van, yet GM seems to think that’s the style people want now?
People want space. Suvs suck at space. So that's why they are going irs etc.

I wouldn't consider the new yukon if it didn't have class leading space. That's why it won us over from the redesigned sequoia.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wait until any of the emission systems fail, injector(s) fail, or you put in some DEF it doesn’t like. Unless you’re a new car every 3 years person so you’re never without a warranty, it’ll cost you eventually. And DEF that is below quality isn’t warrantable either.

Def sold at a store is fine. It's all certified compliant. Do you know what def is? It's not rocket science unless your making your own.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go for the duramax but only because I need to tow. If i didn't tow things I'd probably have a lexus gx or acura mdx.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def sold at a store is fine. It's all certified compliant. Do you know what def is? It's not rocket science unless you’re making your own.

Lol. Ok. I’ll tell that to the customers when they come in stranded on their trip from Florida to Montana because the DEF they put in caused the poor quality message and put the truck in limp mode.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arguably the quality has gotten better with every generation. The old stuff is what bankrupted gm since it was not competitive and crappy. The new stuff actually competes.

I don’t know how you can say that. The materials feel super cheap, every trim piece creaks and moves when you press on it, the suspension is still crashy in rough roads, the lifters don’t last 5k miles, the 6.2L are spinning bearings left and right, oil leaks like crazy, evaporator cores, and so much more.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how you can say that. The materials feel super cheap, every trim piece creaks and moves when you press on it, the suspension is still crashy in rough roads, the lifters don’t last 5k miles, the 6.2L are spinning bearings left and right, oil leaks like crazy, evaporator cores, and so much more.
I can honestly say you have no idea what you are talking about.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Ok. I’ll tell that to the customers when they come in stranded on their trip from Florida to Montana because the DEF they put in caused the poor quality message and put the truck in limp mode.
You have some strange customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10