550 hp Corvette powered ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smashleytulsa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I will probably find a another forum to post this on but I will start in here. I've already had one 2012 Tahoe that I completely civilianized and made custom and traded for a 2007 z51 Corvette that was an absolute beast and I wrecked it before I got full coverage in bad weather and so now I'm parting it out but we just acquired two 2012 Tahoe ppv that we will be picking up tomorrow and was wondering how hard it would be to do the swap. I know the motors swap right in but would i have to just take it and get a complete tune on it or is there any of the computer from the corvette that I can use on the Tahoe so I don't have to go have a Dyno tune, trying to keep the brain of the motor with the engine if possible

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Virginia Ash, sorry about the vette. Loved my C6 too. I can’t help with a computer swap/no swap but I’ll be watching this one.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So I will probably find a another forum to post this on but I will start in here. I've already had one 2012 Tahoe that I completely civilianized and made custom and traded for a 2007 z51 Corvette that was an absolute beast and I wrecked it before I got full coverage in bad weather and so now I'm parting it out but we just acquired two 2012 Tahoe ppv that we will be picking up tomorrow and was wondering how hard it would be to do the swap. I know the motors swap right in but would i have to just take it and get a complete tune on it or is there any of the computer from the corvette that I can use on the Tahoe so I don't have to go have a Dyno tune, trying to keep the brain of the motor with the engine if possible

@BlackBearPerf can probably give you better info.

What transmission was in the Vette?

My guess is you would have to at least change the VIN in the ECM so that it could communicate with the TCM, BCM, etc. of the truck, but that is just a guess.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to our tuner, he said, that corvette ECM won't work in the tahoe. Too many incompatible systems, but your ECM can easily be programmed to handle the engine.

OP
OP
Smashleytulsa

Smashleytulsa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf can probably give you better info.

What transmission was in the Vette?

My guess is you would have to at least change the VIN in the ECM so that it could communicate with the TCM, BCM, etc. of the truck, but that is just a guess.
6l80.. same transmission but I'm guessing I would just have to have the tile reprogrammed to handle the motor

OP
OP
Smashleytulsa

Smashleytulsa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We go to pick up one of the Tahoes tomorrow and the other one Monday so I will have more information by next week but with the g80 rear end and brakes and suspension already on the Tahoe I think a Corvette motor is exactly what it needs, only thing I'm having trouble finding is a way to do paddle shifters unless I take out the stock steering wheel.. my profile picture used to be a ppv until I had it completely cosmetically switched over including full LTZ interior and spotlight delete and everything else so I know a little bit about these so I will definitely try and make it happen

OP
OP
Smashleytulsa

Smashleytulsa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well we got both of the Tahoes, one of the engines is making a funny sound but is somewhat complete aside from needing a paint job and the other one wouldn't even try to start or click over so when we get the other one up here we will see if we have to combine the two and then go from there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14