5 inch drop..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnE_bAd_HoE

Reaction score
Well I ordered a 3/5 kit for my 08 Tahoe non auto ride, with the new style Belltech rear Tb springs. But for some reason i didn't get a 5 inch drop in the rear i only got 4 inches.I love the way the car rides but it needs to go lower.

Has anyone using these springs have this same problem?

also what do you guys think is i cut the top or the spring to try and get the 5-5.5 inches in the rear. Would it effect ride quality?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ive cut them as long as you have the correct rear shocks and shock extenders your fine.

remember when you lift up the truck measure from bottom to top of spring lets say its 11 inches. the belltech springs is about 12 inches long so if you cut it make sure you dont make the spring shorter then 11 inches

heres how i cut a few of them already

rearspring2.jpg

rearspring4.jpg

then you have to make the top part flat so doesnt ride around
rearspring5.jpg

here it is with the helpe rbag inside
rearspring6.jpg

OP
OP
OnE_bAd_HoE

OnE_bAd_HoE

Reaction score
i understand the coils need to settle because they've only been installed for about month more but i highly doubt they will give me another inch to inch 1/2. once fully settled

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
not sure whats up. Didn't get the springs from me but the suburban and tahoe i posted sat lower with the springs thats for sure. also a suburban to a tahoe with the springs the suburban will sit 3/8 to 7/16 lower than a tahoe.

OP
OP
OnE_bAd_HoE

OnE_bAd_HoE

Reaction score
Tony how much more of a drop do you usually get when you cut a loop off these springs?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1.5 loops about 3/4 of a inch.

OP
OP
OnE_bAd_HoE

OnE_bAd_HoE

Reaction score
so if i cut 1.5 loops ill only be at 4 3/4 in the reat?
The hell with that then lets get some new springs.lol

I know i have the new style dark grey 4230 tb springs with the sp 2410ff. but dunno y i no get 5 inches:think:

also since im going to buy new springs might aswell go with the 6in in the rear since the helper bags are going to raise it a bit.

which rear springs do you use for the 6 inches?

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
that was on a trailblazer. maybe belltech changed something up at this point I dont know. THere is a new production run anyway Ill be getting 30 sets.

5.5 to 5.75 is the older trucks 00-06 newer ones 5-5.25. Id just cut the springs you have them already just roll with it.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

BTW here is a truck on 305 45 22 (32.81 inch tall tire)

from ground to fenderlip on the 5305 coils was 34 5/8 that was with the 1 inch spacer.

without the spacer would be 33 5/8.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26508

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401