5.25 speakers, good enough midbass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Money for them hasn't been exchanged yet. My boy that owns a shop has them at his shop. We were gonna do audiopipe but he said he tested the amp with a deka g31 and he got over 2700 out of it at 12.6 and still put out good power when it dropped down to 11 volts.
He said they're close to the aqx3500.1 that I was gonna get but he told me he'd give then to me below cost...
I did like how the speaker amp sounded on some infinity perfect speakers.
What do you have in mind

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just going to point out that if you were doing 4 pairs of 2 ohm comps on a 4ch, it would have to be wired at 4 ohms per channel, yielding you minumum power from the amp.

Hell you might want to go active right now and go with raw drivers and not a bunch of comp sets since you could easily have the capability to do so with the PXA-H100.

You could also look into pro audio drivers if you're wanting that screaming front stage.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i skilled through the last part of this .. but doing twin 6.5s in the front and twin 5.25s in the rear is pretty easy... or doing twin 6.5s in front and just one nice det of 6.5s in the rear is another option... i have some Focal 5.25s in the jag in the inner kick panels near the shifter.. so im not hating on 5 and a quarters.. im just saying doin 6.5s is jalmost just as easy.

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just going to point out that if you were doing 4 pairs of 2 ohm comps on a 4ch, it would have to be wired at 4 ohms per channel, yielding you minumum power from the amp.

Hell you might want to go active right now and go with raw drivers and not a bunch of comp sets since you could easily have the capability to do so with the PXA-H100.

You could also look into pro audio drivers if you're wanting that screaming front stage.

why. the speakers are 2ohm comps...
the amp does 300x4 @2ohm... so wiring it direct to the amp the way i was gonna do it the amp is still gonna see 2ohm but running 2 sets basically just spit the 300watts of the channel and each set basically get 150watts each... no need to have to wire them in series or anything...

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tested them today, not gonna go with the planet's... im gonna stick with the audiopip 3500.1 and 300.4 b/c i wasnt impressed at all.. then i just got word that the planets are just re-cased ssl amps.. that not a good look... opening it up it looked weak and after hearing the amp on a pair of subs, that amp would be lucky to do 2000rms imo..
ran at .5ohm for 2 minutes before going into protect. the audiopipe ran .5ohm at full tilt for over 20 minutes...
im not gonna run it at .5 but its good to know it'll handle it

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have suggestion for an amp then. The Crescendo Audio 3k. Will do a little over 4k at half ohm. Price includes shipping. Quality is right there with sundown...

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17515

There speaker amp is also beautiful quality. It would be exactly what you're looking for in a speaker amp.

Two awesome amps right there. I will run the 3k when I pick up a bigger car and 2nd *** 18.

Kevin

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

And I'll add that you are buying straight from the manufacture. Comes with a 2 year transferable warranty. It is warrantied at half ohm. Not even sundown warranties their stuff at half ohm...

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have suggestion for an amp then. The Crescendo Audio 3k. Will do a little over 4k at half ohm. Price includes shipping. Quality is right there with sundown...

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17515

There speaker amp is also beautiful quality. It would be exactly what you're looking for in a speaker amp.

Two awesome amps right there. I will run the 3k when I pick up a bigger car and 2nd *** 18.

Kevin

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

And I'll add that you are buying straight from the manufacture. Comes with a 2 year transferable warranty. It is warrantied at half ohm. Not even sundown warranties their stuff at half ohm...

They are not the manufacturer. They are a reseller.
That amp is the exact same amp as the Sundown 3000d that was recently discontinued. Both are Zenon.

Nice amp. If I was looking I would get a couple for myself.

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bout an extra $115 for the sub amp vs the audiopipe which isnt to bad.
though not the v1 zenon board, the audiopipe 3500.1 is the same amp as the rd 3250.1 v2 with out the issues RD was/is going through.

bottomline, i gave my parter $600 last night for the amps...he told me to make my mind up on the amps but so far im sticking with the audiopipes for at least a year unless he pops up with another deal.
he txt me about selling me his American Bass 500.1, guess he needs the money or gonna upgrade. he said $550 for it and it'll do 5000rms at 1ohm...???
budget is tight right now seeing that i still wanna do a dual alt setup.if i do dual 300amp alts its 900 and if i keep the stock and do a 300amp with it its 545.
im thinking 400+ amps is enough for a true 3500rms and 600 amps way more than enough. i really dont wanna have more than 2 extra batteries.
i have 2 deka batteries upfront right now but need to do my big 3 this weekend

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man if the 500.1 is clean I'd take it if I was in your position. Those things are straight up monsters. Dual 1/0 inputs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n