5.25 speakers, good enough midbass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can get some pods custom made for dual 5.25s in the front and back doors at a great price. should i go with it or just keep a single 6.5 in each door?

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 6" and 1" in each door (rear to) i just used the factory locations in the front, and factory location in the rear of the door panel, allthough i just had to cut a hole in the panel to make the tweater work.... sounds good.. im happy for now.

I wouldnt go any smaller then 6"

Dylan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO it's much more cost effective to just buy two sets of 6.5's than four sets of 5.25's. For that amount of money you can get some really good high end component sets.

It is your truck though and if you want to go that route then go for it. It'll be more custom if anything.

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 6.5s components in all doors now. A highend set. But if I can put 2 sets of speakers in each door I'm sure it'll sound great.
I've heard some great sounding 5.25s and I'm sure 8 total speakers and 8 tweeters will sound far better than 4 total speakers and 4 tweeters. I'm running an audiophile set of speakers now and if I run 5.25s they'll be of the same or better quality and I'm not paying close to regular price so I'm willing to switch.
I'd love 2 sets of 6.5s in all doors but I'm sure I can't fit them in the back doors.
I'm probably gonna do some highend jbls unless I find a better set of 2ohm components

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can fit two 6.5s in each front door. Two sets in just the front doors get plenty loud. I made custom door panels for my friend's blazer to put a set of phoenix gold comps in each door and it was difficult for me to listen to on some songs. I would look into doing a pair of 6.5s in each front door and a single 6.5'' in each rear door. When it is that loud you might not be able to tell a difference in the second set in the rear doors.

Also, if done wrong, adding a second set can cause cancellation issues which might effectively make it seem quieter to the listener.

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not after ear fatigue. thats what makes its difficult to listen to, songs that where mixed like sh*t.
hell i work around dual 15inch speakers with 2 6.5s and a giant horn in custom Augspurger's...
listen to them for 5-12hours at a time... hardly ever get ear fatigue.

ive already heard the person's truck who's making the pods for me. he's gonna do them on wednesday for me and so far im gonna be running JBL P560Cs... at the price im getting them for i cant beat it.

Last edited:

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What amp/headunit you running?

So if you're not after fatiguing levels, does that mean you're looking for a sound quality oriented system?

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a alpine ina w900 waiting to be installed with a denali grey wood bezel.

amps i went with are
2-planet audio ac5000.1d (2800-3500rms) for 2 fi btl's
1-planet audio ac1600.4

Last edited:

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice choice in headunit. You can get the PXA-h100 when you get the itch to go active and time correction and everything. Cool thing is that it is only $115.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65