4x4 fuse keeps blowing 1997 Tahoe 2 door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay, heres the deal, My fuse keeps blowing on the 4x4. And it does not blow right away. I can put into 4 high of 4 low and offroad for like 5-30 minutes than the fuse pops. This is what I have done. New front actuator, 4x4 was working properly but i had to change the transfer case due to an internal problem and blow out on my old one. Replaced with "low mileage" transfer case from junk yard. Is there a sensor or anything I should have perhaps removed off my old case and put on the newer one? it seems like this started with the new tranfer case.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

oh yeah, I don't see any shorted wires leading to the front actuator and the wiring harness was close to my exhaust manifold but I moved it away enough so it wouldnt be touching.

OP
OP
RedCrush

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuse box, numer 23 or 24, cant remember the exact #

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
there is the transfer case switch on top of the unit that switches power to the actuator. looks like this.
600-502-003.jpg

OP
OP
RedCrush

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced that switch over the holiday and it seems to still pop the fuse it will shift into 4 low still and work properly, but after a few minutes the fuse still pops.

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what 2 fuses run the system? And is this for a floor shifter?

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Just looked at my fuse box and #2 is trans case and #24 is 4wd. #2 in mine is an empty slot and now makes me think this is why my 4wd doesnt work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88