LED bulb install into halogen headlights- fuse keeps blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vrl2294

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased Spec D headlights assembly and the bulbs were just ugly. So I purchased 3 different types of H1 LED bulbs and no matter what it keeps blowing my fuse and doesn't work. The first also didn't fit in the housing.

I read I needed a conversion kit so with all the bulbs it had a conversion kit. The most recent purchase was a bulb only and said I would not need a relay so I was hoping it would work and it did not.

Has anyone had similar experiences and if so, how did you get the LED bulbs to work?

OP
OP
vrl2294

vrl2294

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What year is this vehicle? Post up some details, please.
It's a 2013 Tahoe LTZ. The headlights are spec D halogen which takes H1 bulbs for both high and low beams.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the headlights have any additional lights? Is all wiring OEM? Do the fuses blow instantly?

I hope to install some brighter (led?) bulbs as well, wondering what are the best quality LEDs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic