2010 Turn Signal fuse keeps blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring question for the electrical gurus. 2010 Chevy Silverado, Drivers side turn signal fuse keeps blowing, the lower front turn signal bulb is also blowing out. The fuse will ONLY blow if the brake pedal is pressed AND the truck is in gear. I didn't check anything other than Park and Drive so far, but it does NOT blow the fuse in park even when brakes are pressed. Put it Drive and flip the Driver's turn signal on, and the fuse blows instantly.
Any clue where I should look first before I tear apart damn near the entire driver's side lighting harness looking for damaged wiring. :confused:
Also, the owner told me that he replaced the taillight junction board under the rear frame/spare tire area before he asked me to look this issue for him. I'm guessing I'm gonna find a spot someplace where the wiring harness has been rubbing on something and it eventually wore away the insulation. If it's touching metal, that could be shorting two circuits together. But WHERE????

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it's doing it in drive then it could be the drl's are increasing the voltage in the harness, they only come on in drive.
I would pull the front drivers light harness and ohm test it and inspect it closely, if it's bad it's easy to replace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt