42$ hid's just got them!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evil 'Bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered on thursday and got them tuesday..

nice!!! maybe tomorrow then or thursday... i ordered the 8k's but i got projectors so it shouldnt blind people too bad .....(if i do, dont care lol!)

was it pretty much plug and play?

ive had my grill off and light soff before cus i changed all of them to new ones

OP
OP
C

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice!!! maybe tomorrow then or thursday... i ordered the 8k's but i got projectors so it shouldnt blind people too bad .....(if i do, dont care lol!)

was it pretty much plug and play?

ive had my grill off and light soff before cus i changed all of them to new ones

yup very easy, u dont have to remove the grill i did besacuse i was doing something else, u can just take out the 2 screws on each headlight housing and the head light will come out on its own,
simple un screw ur current bulb screw the hid bulb in plug in all that harnes's mount the little brain somewhere under the hood and ur good to go!

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
u dont have to remove the grill i did besacuse i was doing something else, u can just take out the 2 screws on each headlight housing and the head light will come out on its own

:Stupid Me: now you tell me..

btw.. I noticed when i go from my DRLs to switching on my headlights the right headlight won't light up. but if I use the parking brake trick to disable the DRLs they both come on when I turn the headlight switch. Is that normal?

OP
OP
C

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm IDK i dont have drl's
are u sure u hooked both sides up the same??

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Yeah hooked up right. I think theres a voltage difference between running DRLs vs. flipping on the headlights, maybe thats whats doing it idk

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
There are a few ways to do it. One is to pull the DRL fuse. Another is to press the parking break down a little bit until the DRLs turn off (thats what I did). The last way I know of is to pull the DRL module. There's a write up on how to do it somewhere in the forum but I don't know where though.

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question. If you want the HID's do you change the buld or the whole housing much change aswell?
I found a all black headlight housing which goes perfect with my all black yukon project. buuuuuuut it doesnt come with bulbs which i felt was perfect so i can put in HID's.
and ofcourse im clueless to this new project soooo cant i just buy the bulbs and wiring and be the same HID as if it all came assembled?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

And Rebelution dont even bother Pming me i wont give it out to people with less than 50 posts.[/QUOTE]

im almost at 50.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question. If you want the HID's do you change the buld or the whole housing much change aswell?
I found a all black headlight housing which goes perfect with my all black yukon project. buuuuuuut it doesnt come with bulbs which i felt was perfect so i can put in HID's.
and ofcourse im clueless to this new project soooo cant i just buy the bulbs and wiring and be the same HID as if it all came assembled?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

And Rebelution dont even bother Pming me i wont give it out to people with less than 50 posts.

if it's stock replacement headlamps, it will use the same bulb. So the HID kit will work with either. It just plugs into your factory wiring that is going towards your factory bulb, has a ballast, then to new HID bulb.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Hey Haks, Going back to what you said about your lights flashing (with hids) kill the ballasts, my alarm is hooked up to my lights and the headlights (hids) flash when i lock and unlock my truck all the time. 2 flashes for unlock. should i disable this? bcuz im not looking to replace my ballasts soon ya know. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts