not lift, but stretch; any options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an ask to build another tracked tahoe, but the client doesn't want the vehicle lifted (at all). If possible they would like the vehicle lowered but still clear the tracks.

On a previous jeep xj I built for tracks I pushed the rear axle back via axle perches. The extension of the rear axle allowed for the needed clearance to the tracks.

So my question,
In tahoe land, are their options available for extending the wheelbase (both forward and rear)? If I was doing a square body for example, lots of options, a very typical solution to get 52's to fit.

The tracks are like adding 42" tires; the goal here is to not have to add the height of 42's and another 3.5 inches of lift.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a awesome project. When I leave my current state wanted to take a 2500HD chassis and cut off X feet off the back move the axle forward.
Hope to find one with a Duramax or swap a Cummins engine. Would be awesome to see a Tahoe 2500HD.

I mean it would not be to hard to add some leaf spring brackets and axle from gm truck.

Where I got the idea from:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I have an ask to build another tracked tahoe, but the client doesn't want the vehicle lifted (at all). If possible they would like the vehicle lowered but still clear the tracks.

On a previous jeep xj I built for tracks I pushed the rear axle back via axle perches. The extension of the rear axle allowed for the needed clearance to the tracks.

So my question,
In tahoe land, are their options available for extending the wheelbase (both forward and rear)? If I was doing a square body for example, lots of options, a very typical solution to get 52's to fit.

The tracks are like adding 42" tires; the goal here is to not have to add the height of 42's and another 3.5 inches of lift.
Only kits I’ve seen that moves the front wheels forwards is dirt kings long travel kit it widens and moves the front wheels forward.
For the rear end that’s going to be tough without major modifications.
Spoon makes adjustable rear control arms and panhard bar but I don’t think that would give you enough adjustments for what you’re looking for. Bora wheel spacers are good if that will help get the clearance that you need in the fender wells

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan