3rd row removal floor flat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradntx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One of the few things GM did with the latest generation that I don't care for was how they changed the 3rd row configuration. I finally got the Denali that I have wanted for some time and one of the first things I plan to do after the tint is to look into dumping the 3rd row and that little cargo box behind it. I'm reasonably sure that I can get a weathertech mat that covers most of the area but was wondering how flat the floor would be with the seats and that little cargo box removed? I would like to have a relatively flat floor but have no need for that extra row of seats. I have seen a thread or 2 elsewhere thanks to google but nothing seems to really address this.

If anyone out there has done this how flat is the floor and how happy have you been with the results?

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have removed both and the floor is not perfectly flat,bumps and dips for mounts but overall it is not bad.There is a lot more room and floor to ceiling height.I just throw a a waterproof liner down and some extra blankets down for my 3 dogs.I just screwed the seat bolts back in to plug the holes and covered the cut outs of the carpet with thick layers of packing felt.Dogs are not complaining.Storing the removed seats is a pain. I saved about 120 lbs of weight out of the Tahoe.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone did this and had pictures. Look in the "Interior Section" several pages back.

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
I pulled out the sloped rear pizza storage tray from my 17 Sub. 2 thumbscrew and lift it out. Much better! Flat floor so all your crap dies slide to the hatch and dump out at your feet when the hatch is opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo