38xxx miles....Hows your suspension feel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok so here goes, lately Ive been noticing that when i go over big bumps in my 2010 Tahoe Lt that its sometimes making a suddle knock sound in the front and its alot more bouncy than i use to remember. I no my brakes are getting low and it takes quite a bit of effort to stop the truck. But i cant differ if its my brakes or front suspension because the truck nose dives hard when braking to the point where a friend driving in front of me noticed. And when i finally stop and the nose comes up, it has a suddle wave to it. I also noticed that the truck sits about 1/2-3/4 inch lower in the front right than the left. This measurement is taken on flat ground with no people in the car and equal tire pressure. Now i do have between 1/2-3/4 tank of gas and i think the drivers side holds the gas tank. is this the reason for the lean on the left? how do your trucks feel? its a 4wd too and i just got new tires same size as the bridgestones but there some cheapo NANKANG tires. trucks under warranty still so i might bring it in to have them check the struts and coil springs. wonder if theres any way i can get them to throw some brakes on the thing lol

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the driver side lean is normal due to the location of the gas tank.

I think he said front right Felix. Unless he's looking at the truck head-on.
At 38k miles I'm pretty sure you still a little over mid life to the OEM brake pad wear. As for the (bounciness) could be that the shocks shot.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
baddohtentahoe
Reaction score
yeah sorry for the confusion guys, but im not lowered i was lowered 2/3 mcgaughys with 305 35 24s but got rid of all that stuff, (traded the rims and lowering kit for a polaris outlaw 500IRS to ride when i am trying to keep hours down on my yfz450) so im at stock height now with oem 20s. the side im talking about is the drivers side its about 1/2 inch lower even with the gas tank near empty. but on the drivers side in the back i am 1/2 inch higher than the opposing rear. i think maby i put one of the rear coils rotated a litte different than the other causing this. but the drop springs wore straight through my factory top spring pads for some reason so that could cause it to. as for shocks, i have sierra 1500 sle rear shocks i took them off that truck at 6k miles from new when i did my lift kit. i just feel that the front moves more than it should. i am ******* my brakes and i know they are worn out. but i dont have any leakage that i can feel around my struts. is it a possibility that the front spings are losing Psi from the harsh transfer of bumps when i had the 24s. i know a tire give alot of suspension so having a 35 aspect ratio takes that away for sure.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it is a perception thing going from lowered suspension and low profile tires to stock. Your last post also indicates you are using Sierra rear shocks that would have a different damping rate than one for the Tahoe. Also which springs/struts did you use?

OP
OP
baddohtentahoe
Reaction score
i used mcgaughys rear drop springs and front spindles. i didnt touch the struts. like i said now im back to stock. today i had my truck on the lift wile rotating my tires so while it was up there i rotated my coils so that they are both in the same relation and now the back deffenetly is crooked and i cant get it right i think it has to do with those upper spring pads being worn out. to tell you the truth out here in texas im feigning for my drop and rims back. im bored with the truck now. thought about a lift kit but its too expensive. in NY its not very common to see a tahoe on 24s. in texas its not either, because they ARE ALL ON 26S!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24