34"of Snow Ain't Nothing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
We just received 34"+ of very heavy wet snow at my house. I live in a neighborhood that is in a canyon and only has two steep roads to get out to town. I have a completely stock 2-door 99 Tahoe Z-71 with chains for all four corners. My Tahoe was the only vehicle that was making it out of the neighborhood during the storm. My neighbor has a 2019 Jeep JK Rubicon that is lifted and has 35" mud terrain tires. Even my neighbor with the fancy JK got stuck and had to be pulled out. I think I'll keep my "obsolete" Tahoe with the small block Chevy so I can pull out the Rubicons.

File_000 (3).jpeg

NorthernYukon97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are good in the snow, that’s one of the major reasons we keep ours. Good winter truck.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think people drive Jeep’s for the “cool factor” I don’t like them at all. However I live near the city where Jeep’s are more like parking lot princesses instead of mud runners

I’ve ran snow chains on my obs 96 c1500. That’s right 2wd. And I was able to plow myself out of snowed in parking spots and some heavy snowed roads. I was really impressed with the chains. I did get stuck once but the snow was up to my frame LOL. And the c1500s sit lower than the k1500s

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally think people drive Jeep’s for the “cool factor” I don’t like them at all. However I live near the city where Jeep’s are more like parking lot princesses instead of mud runners

Hey now LOL

First time on the beach with my Rubicon I pulled a 1 ton Silverado out.........he broke an axle trying to help someone else out.

Nothing wrong with old school.......still regret selling my 99 Yukon, it was an absolute beast and NEVER got stuck

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey now LOL

First time on the beach with my Rubicon I pulled a 1 ton Silverado out.........he broke an axle trying to help someone else out.

Nothing wrong with old school.......still regret selling my 99 Yukon, it was an absolute beast and NEVER got stuck
Low blow. IF you use the jeep for its intended purpose. I ain’t mad at you but we have “215 jeep crew” in Philly. Decked out with 24” all terrrains. Lights out the ass. Off road cargo. Never seen a lick of dirt though lol. It’s just my opinion. I can’t speak for everyone one of them. But most of them are city slickers

To be fair. I know all city’s and trucks do this too. Idk. I’m just not a fan of Jeep’s lol

OP
OP
Colorado Yeti

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
I actually love Jeeps, especially the old AMC CJ's. Here's my '76 CJ7 Renegade with 401 AMC V-8 and a T-18 granny 4-speed. 40,000 miles, all original except the 400 hp engine (that looks completely like the stock 304). It is no parking lot queen and gets plenty of trail time here in Colorado. It goes places my Tahoe can't just because of the compact size, clearance and low gearing.

1976 Jeep.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645