3" to 5" drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm going to swap out my 3 inch drop springs with 5inch, i was wondering if the rear shocks that came with my 3 inch kit will work with the 5 inch springs. any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah they will work with properly with shock extenders but if you don't have S/E then either you can buy some or get new shocks from Tim the McGaughy vendor.
Not they do not come with the kit so it will be a seperate order, S/E might come with the kit but I doubt it.

OP
OP
bsims3996

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the shorter shocks that came with my ground force 2/3 kit, i was wondering if those shocks will also work with the five inch springs

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
It will work, just not right, your rear is going to ride bouncy if the shock is too long and the shocks will probably go out quick......

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may bottom out if you run the 3" drop shocks with a 5" rear drop. Stylin trucks ****** up when i ordered my kit and they sent me 3" drop shocks. You can run the shock extenders with the drop shocks that you have, but if oyu dont, then you have to get shorter shocks. Also when going that low you have to remove the bumpstop brackets on the rear. This will gain a lot more travel.

OP
OP
bsims3996

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if i get shocks for a 5 inch drop and cut the bump stop bracket, i'll be good to go or is there anything else i need?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'd just get some shock extensions for your existing shocks, along with the aforementioned helper bags. My truck rides great for how low it is but legit airbags are the natural progression for more drop. Someone needs to make a bolt-in bag kit for a 7" or 8" drop on these trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA