3 character GM chassis (suspension?) codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding parts to my rockauto cart to refresh my suspension and noticed a lot of the products have fitment descriptions with 3 character alpha-numerics like "6tb,7tb,6tf,... etc".

Are these RPO codes? They don't seem familiar and nothing comes up when I plug them into an RPO decoder.

OP
OP
NOSOK

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I should've searched the full RPO list I have but I was getting conflicting results on google.

OP
OP
NOSOK

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware, the full list is very very long.
Yeah I just pasted them into google sheets so I could search them easier/lookup my own RPO codes. 14k total (with some duplicates), probably why they didn't show readily before.

I thought it'd be more helpful to know all my RPO codes, but it doesn't seem to be the case [yet]. For example I have YD5 and YD6 spring codes, but I can't find matching products for those codes on the parts sites.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just pasted them into google sheets so I could search them easier/lookup my own RPO codes. 14k total (with some duplicates), probably why they didn't show readily before.

I thought it'd be more helpful to know all my RPO codes, but it doesn't seem to be the case [yet]. For example I have YD5 and YD6 spring codes, but I can't find matching products for those codes on the parts sites.
I ended up doing the customer service thing with chevy to decode both of mine. Some of the codes have been helpful to cross reference, but I haven't really found a direct look up on most.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get an RPO code listing for your year and model of your truck, and that will cut the list down to a more manageable size. I cannot remember where I obtained mine, but it was probably at a GM web site. I've attached mine, so that you can see what it looks like.

Attachments

• 2007 YD Printbook for RPO Codes.pdf
    133.3 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeG1302