2wd suburban lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09streetbobber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys im new here and was wondering, I have a 09 2wd suburban that my wife drives. I own a lil over 700 acres and my wife some times has to driver her suburban out in the field. I was wondering if i could put a 2.5/1 CCM kit on it and still clear 33" tires. Is this gonna be a problem since its 2wd. Im kicking myself now since i didnt get a 4wd. Winter is nearing and i was hoping to have this done before then. Any advice would help thanks.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should work on the clearance just fine. I have a used for 24hrs CCM 2.5/1 kit for sale in the for sale section if you want to buy one...just sayin!

OP
OP

09streetbobber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great I was hopeing it would be ok. Reason I ask cause I have a set of 305/55/20 nitto terras that came off my truck. the only have 3500miles on them. I had them on for about 5 months and I added a 6" and 35s so they have been sitting in the shop. So all I got to do is buy some wheels and lift. pm me and let me know what you want for that ccm kit. what do yall think. xd rockstars with +10mm offset 20x8.5?

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think u can clear 33s without a little trimming especially with such a wide tire u are trying to put on. trust me I have done tons of digging.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP

09streetbobber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well from the search that ive done on here and other forums, I know im gonna have to trim if not take off the plastic behind the lower fender liner and also pull back that liner. As well as removing the front plastic valance, and remove the side steps. On the rear im ive seen that theres sometimes is minor rub on the back side of the wheel well, so thats why I decided to go with +10mm wheels they shouldnt stick out much but enough to not rub and stay fairly inside the fenders. On my 08 silverado I have 20x9 XD Monsters -12 and they stick out about 1"1/2. I was just seeing if there would be a problem doing this with it not being a 4wd ot even a 4x2 z71. Correct me if im wrong on any of this, Im just going off of what ive found on her and other forums. Theres alot of helpful stuff on here!!

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By my math, the wheels will stick out from the outter edge of the front fender by about 1.25". You might have to trim more than if you ran a wheel with a higher offset. You can get a 3" lift spindle since it is 2wd if you want a little more clearance.

OP
OP

09streetbobber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By my math, the wheels will stick out from the outter edge of the front fender by about 1.25". You might have to trim more than if you ran a wheel with a higher offset. You can get a 3" lift spindle since it is 2wd if you want a little more clearance.

so i would be better off going with a +35?

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most stock wheels are +31mm. Just depends on the look you want and the amount of rubbing you want to correct which will also depend on how much lift you do.

OP
OP

09streetbobber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hmm I really dont mind triming. I guess my question now is what is the best offset/bs to go with. The attached pictures are the look im wanting to get.

Attachments

• 100_1184.jpg
    100_1184.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_1186.jpg
    100_1186.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 49

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n