24x14 Offroad Wheels On An AT4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how small the original brakes looked with the 24 in wheels! The new brakes look perfect.
The new rotors are 16" and fill up the inner barrel enough for me to get a towel inside to clean the caliper. So far I've just been using soap and water to clean the calipers, but now the pads are really starting to wear in and I'm developing a lot of brake dust build up on the calipers and wheels. I may start using brake dust cleaner but I don't know how that'll affect the powder coating finish on my wheels... If anyone has any recommendations on that, I'm open to suggestions.

Part of me wished I would have chrome plated the calipers so they could stand out like red calipers would have, but part of me thinks the "chrome delete" look I have going works just fine. The only chrome I have on the vehicle are the bolts from the 2-piece wheels and the OEM GMC logos on the front grille and rear tailgate. Even now, I'm on the fence on swapping those out for painted versions to complete the look.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a more aggressive tire to test out, since the tread on my existing tires are getting low. The Gladiator X-Comp is about as aggressive as they come, and I've always liked the way side lugs pop out. Yes, i might have turning issues as it stands, but again, this is just a test to see how much more cutting I'd have to do... if I decide to do any cutting at all. They're similar in size to my current Repulsors, except these Gladiators are 35's instead of 33's.

I already called my installer so he's aware of what might have to happen... again.

20230509_064342.jpg20230509_064404.jpg20230509_064504.jpg20230509_064512.jpg20230509_064548.jpg

Last edited:

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be a lot more cutting. Have the same shop do it, they did a good job the first go around.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lord, are those big which is hilarious to see them next to your already-freakin’-huge setup. If you pull that off, it will sure be wild! I wonder if you’ll get to the point of stress on the drivetrain with that much unsprung mass. Any idea what your existing rim/tire setup weighs vs stock, and what it will weigh with these monster tires mounted?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure there will be any front quarter panel left if those monsters go on. They look sweet, but man, im not sure id want to hack away at much more of the fender\quarter panel. Its already fairly close. Dont forget running board likely will need cut too. Might have to go up with your rig some more to give more forgiveness.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be a lot more cutting. Have the same shop do it, they did a good job the first go around.

I initially spoke to the shop owner before buying these tires, and it was him that recommended that I only buy one tire in case it didn't work out. So what we're going to do is fit this one tire on the front and rear of the vehicle, and see how much more needs to be cut. From there, we will make those changes, and I will proceed to buy the other three tires. Once they come in, I can just bring the tires to any shop for the installation since the cutting will already be done.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lord, are those big which is hilarious to see them next to your already-freakin’-huge setup. If you pull that off, it will sure be wild! I wonder if you’ll get to the point of stress on the drivetrain with that much unsprung mass. Any idea what your existing rim/tire setup weighs vs stock, and what it will weigh with these monster tires mounted?

The current setup is around 130 pounds per wheel, so yeah they're heavy. The ride isn't rough, but I do slow down for the larger potholes (which are rare). As for the stock tires, they're heavy, but not quite as much as these. And for the drive train, I haven't had any issues with steering wheel wobbling or irregular ride quality.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure there will be any front quarter panel left if those monsters go on. They look sweet, but man, im not sure id want to hack away at much more of the fender\quarter panel. Its already fairly close. Dont forget running board likely will need cut too. Might have to go up with your rig some more to give more forgiveness.

The perspective of the pictures is off because the tire is in front of the wheel, which makes it look so much larger than what it actually is. Yes it is big, but in reality it's a 35 compared to the 33 I currently have, so it only sticks out 1 inch both ways if you put them side by side or stacked on one another. Plus, I'll lose some of that height once the weight of the vehicle sets in. So realistically, we're looking at an inch and a half height difference, max.

The other alternative is to just get the same tires as before, but I've wanted these tires since I first got the rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts