22 Suburban sliding console drawer removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried pushing in. No luck. Looking thru the large hole there is a tab that slides within the track that is part of the drawer. This tab is about a 1/4 inch long and has what looks like 2 small keyholes positioned up and down. This tab rides all the way out with the drawer and stops at end of the black slide keeping the drawer from sliding out.
Any chance you can get some closer pictures of that tab?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's possible they made that slide locked together - I've never seen one that way, but I suppose it's possible.

Here's another way of getting at the backside of that drawer.

OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's the looking thru the hole in the slide. You can see the tab with a key hole like hole. The tab is maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 inch long. It has 2 keyholes. I tried both pushing in the keyhole/tab and 1000000265.jpginserted a small angled pick and tried pulling. Neither released the drawer. When the drawer slides fully forward it is the tab that stops it.

OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bump in case someone has had to remove the drawer. Thanks to all for your help thus far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts