22 Suburban sliding console drawer removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found 1 other post asking this same question without any comments. I thought I would post anyway in hopes of possibly getting some fresh eyes on the question. Does anyone know how to remove the lower drawer inside the sliding center console? I have searched different forums
and the internet in general without any success. Thank you all in advance.
Harry

OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried that. The service manager said he could not share that information. I also asked my salesman. He said he could not help me. Thank you for the reply.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that. The service manager said he could not share that information. I also asked my salesman. He said he could not help me. Thank you for the reply.
Service manager is a jerk....

Anyone got a service manual, it should explain how to remove it? Either that or a one month subscription to AllData would probably have it.

OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to refresh this incase someone has done this. Thank you.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen the sliding console in person, but in the few Youtube videos I've watched of the upper trim levels that have the sliding console it looks like it uses a standard cabinet drawer slide.

Removal is usually something like this:

Let me know if that works - or take some close up pictures of the slides and I'll figure it out.

OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here you go. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 20230112_155835.jpg
    20230112_155835.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230112_155941.jpg
    20230112_155941.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 19

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. Thank you for your help.
Press a flat blade screw driver into that hole that's about an inch back from the end of the slide. There should be a spring loaded tab back there. Press in on it and tug back and forth on the drawer. You should feel it pull out a bit further and then you'll need to do the other side to get it out completely.

OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried pushing in. No luck. Looking thru the large hole there is a tab that slides within the track that is part of the drawer. This tab is about a 1/4 inch long and has what looks like 2 small keyholes positioned up and down. This tab rides all the way out with the drawer and stops at end of the black slide keeping the drawer from sliding out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011