HOW TO: Convert to Escalade LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something has, apparently, changed in the 9 years since the original post was made or both resistors are required for it to work. I connected one resistor to the tail lamp side so it would be there whether it was in stop lamp or turn signal and it didn't work. I put the right tail lamp in first and the turn signal worked and didn't fast flash but the turn signal wouldn't work if the brake light was on. Then I put the driver side in and the brake light stopped working on the right side and the turn signal wouldn't work on the left. Even without the resistor there, it should still work unless the BCM cuts power to the brake light if there is no load. I guess I'll redo my harnesses and put both resistors in and see what happens.

04YUKON

Reaction score
I just built the harness too... And had the same problem...

Fix :

I removed the 5 pin to 4 pin harness compatibility and matched the wires accordingly...
I left the two stated wires disconnected (per diagram) but attached the Brea and tail together...
I do have the hyperflash at the moment but it's bc I have led everywhere and have not tackled the resistor issues yet.... The lights however work flawlessly... 20200130_100505.jpg 20200130_100505.jpg 20200130_100505.jpg

04YUKON

Reaction score
The only change I found to make this all work with ease is the yellow and blue wire... Tied together...

I can take more pix if anyone needs further help

Txt me...
843-476-1284

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to update my post. The harness needs to be built literally exactly as the schematic shows with both resistors for it to work properly. The trailer harness is actually a solid state device rather than just a simple diode and that’s why it did not work with just one resistor on the tail lamp side. It needs to be done that way for the turn signal to work when you’re on the brakes at the same time. Otherwise the lamps will not work correctly. Twisting the turn signal and brake light wires together is probably going to fry your BCM. And I doubt the turn signal will work when on the brakes with it wired that way.

04YUKON

Reaction score
You were right... It was only tested one at a time... And I found tonight... That when I activated turn sig. Both were flashing... I have started back as the diagram states...

As of now all works, but... If I activate Hazzard lights I get nothing...

Feedback..?

I'll update the competition soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons