21 Denali Water Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nac315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took delivery of a new 21 Denali w Premium Package a couple weeks ago. Love the car. That is until I noticed a funky smell and notice that the front drivers side carpet was soaking wet. Pulled up the carpet and found a lot of clear fresh water sitting on the floor pan. Dealer has had the car for a few days, says they haven't located it, have contacted GMC, and suspect the firewall or sunroof drains and are disassembling the interior. Anyone deal with similar issue or have advice to share?

OP
OP
N

nac315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: took a while but dealer identified that a drain line from the sunroof had not been connected. Reconnected and leak seems to have been resolved. Appreciated that the dealer/GM replaced the area of carpet that had been soaked with new carpet.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the sunroof drain problem too apparently. Thanks for the heads up. Been hearing the water up there after it rains.

Highway3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer said they fixed it by seating a grommet that had come out of place. But I still see the same two problems going on - the noise in the roof and the wet front carpets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14