Water shows up under mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highway3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the OEM all weather mats (84503128). I woke up to vacuum the car in the morning and found that there was water underneath the front driver and passenger mats. It seemed like a lot of condensation, but only under these mats. The 2nd row was fine, and there was no sign of any moisture anywhere else in the cabin. I'm in California and temps are in the 40s at night.

Anyone else seeing this? Any idea what could have caused this?

Chad204

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar issue in my Avalanche. Ended up being th a/c condensate drain was plugged. If you've been running the Ir conditioning I'd suspect that

drvrd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the OEM all weather mats (84503128). I woke up to vacuum the car in the morning and found that there was water underneath the front driver and passenger mats. It seemed like a lot of condensation, but only under these mats. The 2nd row was fine, and there was no sign of any moisture anywhere else in the cabin. I'm in California and temps are in the 40s at night.

Anyone else seeing this? Any idea what could have caused this?

drvrd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your A/C evaporator coil drains are blocked with probably leaf debris and overflowing into the cabin instead. Been there and own those wet carpets. Work the drain debri free from the fire exterior side using a stiff hook end wire.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this the same problem that people have been having with the sunroof drains?

Soulmango

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your A/C evaporator coil drains are blocked with probably leaf debris and overflowing into the cabin instead. Been there and own those wet carpets. Work the drain debri free from the fire exterior side using a stiff hook end wire.
I know we're talking about newer models, but within the last coupe of weeks this very thing has happened in my 2010.
You mention clearing debris from the firewall exterior side, but is there any way you can "point' to this location a bit?
Thanks for any assistance.

ZeroDark30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue with mine. Dealership is looking at it tomorrow. Not very confident they’ll solve it…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel