21-22 Driver Side A-Pillar Assist Handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazerboy567

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone found a driver side assist handle for 21-22s. I have asked a few dealerships and they cant seem to find one only the stock a pillar cover. Curious if anyone else has came across one?

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s so crazy there’s no driver or passenger assist bar in the Denalis, at least the other trims get a passenger assist bar.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s so crazy there’s no driver or passenger assist bar in the Denalis, at least the other trims get a passenger assist bar.
^^^^ This.

My 79 Yr Old Father in Law can barely get in my Denali.
So annoyed at GM on not having this, and no real idea why; other than maybe it interferes with the A-Pillar Speaker in the Denail?
Regardless, I sure would like to have one, if I had black interior, I would consider punting the A-Pillar speaker in favor of the Handle, but I have Light Shale/Teak, so they probably don't even make the handle in Light Shale.

I test drove the High Country Suburban, it had one...never got to see a Denali in person until I got mine, so didn't notice the lack of A-Pillar handle.

Let me know if you guys have ideas, I am guessing the threaded bosses for the handle bolts are present on the body, but admittedly I have not removed the cover yet.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Sierra's that have speakers in the A-Pillar also have grab handles - on both sides!

Sierra_Dash.jpg

On the previous generation Yukon, it looks like the attachment points are in stand-off brackets. I couldn't find a video for 21+ A-Pillar trim removal, but I think it would be similar to the previous generation. Take a spudger tool, pop the trim loose and let us know what you see!