2023 YUKON CONSTRAINTS LIST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Z71 6.2, driver alert, luxury pack, off road performance pack and max trailer. As of Thursday the order has not been accepted. I need the truck here by March. Will it be here in time? I really don’t want to go with out any options already chosen.

Max trailer is on 0% constraint until October, so don't expect it to be picked up before then. As far as getting it by March, depends on the chip situation, as well as shipping. There is zero way to give a precise answer. When I ordered my truck in February, they were coming off the line to dealers in 6-8 weeks, but by the time mine was built in April, it got stuck with all the others waiting on chips.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked a gmc dealer and acc was on constraint until October. She did not say a percentage. I was thinking to place an order for a HC suburban, really want the diesel with acc, anyone have any recent numbers/percentages on those as far as constraints? Or is it probably going to sit in the order bank until October, at that point I would get it until January at best and I might consider to wait until the 2024 refresh.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or is it probably going to sit in the order bank until October, at that point I would get it until January at best and I might consider to wait until the 2024 refresh.
Yeah, this is exactly what I'm wondering. If my order doesn't get picked up until Oct/Nov then realistically I won't take delivery until Jan or Feb. How early/late in the year will the 2024 refresh be available? I suspect the refresh will be minimal anyway but being able to get the diesel in the Z71 trim might be nice....

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is exactly what I'm wondering. If my order doesn't get picked up until Oct/Nov then realistically I won't take delivery until Jan or Feb. How early/late in the year will the 2024 refresh be available? I suspect the refresh will be minimal anyway but being able to get the diesel in the Z71 trim might be nice....
Well the order bank opened up for 2023’s end of May so I would assume same for 2024’s. And we are leaning towards a Denali over HC and I think the refresh on the Sierra’s is sooo much better on the grill and lighting design. Suppose to be new grill and new dash I think for the refresh Tahoe/yukon

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to Capitalism. I just put in an order for a shorty Yukon Ultimate, and the only restriction was all weather floor mats. Even the Super Cruise was included and submitted with the order.

Now does that mean it'll get built that way? Who knows. Excited to get something though.
Dealer told me yesterday 08/09/2022 there will be no builds on Denali Ultimate until January 2023
Also advised the Duramax is at 10% of national allocations. Good luck.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer told me yesterday 08/09/2022 there will be no builds on Denali Ultimate until January 2023
Huh? There's a forum member here that just drove home two Yukon Ultimates - in the same week.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe he meant, “there will be no more builds [after this first batch] until January …””?

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this what he was informed from by his GM rep about the ultimates? And 10% really sucks.
Also on a side note, I was listening to a guy today talk about the f-150 lightning and their price increase (+$7-8k) and also that EV’s take 2-3 more chips than the gassers...

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was also an article in MSN News this morning that the chip issue will not resolve in 2023 and may actually constrain more vehicles in the upcoming year. We are 1 million vehicles under capacity due to chips, and that # could go higher next year.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was also an article in MSN News this morning that the chip issue will not resolve in 2023 and may actually constrain more vehicles in the upcoming year. We are 1 million vehicles under capacity due to chips, and that # could go higher next year.
There are a few variables at play, right?

Will it "resolve" in 2023? Probably not. But I think the article is trying to forecast demand and speaking to the delta between supply and demand. And demand could change depending on the economy and interest rates.

From a strict supply perspective, the chip production situation is improving significantly. In fact, there some manufacturers that have excess supply - BMW X7, Volvos, Stellantis, etc. You also have the one of the highest volume Ford dealerships - Granger Ford - saying their customer retail orders are below their allocations for the month and the spare allocations will go to dealer inventory.

A friend of mine, an auto broker, has stopped flipping cars and gone back to brokering lease deals for Volvos because of their excess inventory at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt