2022 Z71 Suburban 6.2L bent lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Appleman88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2022 SLT with about 7500 miles just got towed today. Alarms saying "SERVICE ESC", "SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL" AND "FORWARD COLLISION SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE". Truck idling rough and hear a clicking on bottom sounds like a gear engaging or something. 4th time is the shop! First few was for overheating transmission due to a twisted line. VERY FRSRTRATED! DON'T KNOW WHO TO COMPLAIN TO.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2022 SLT with about 7500 miles just got towed today. Alarms saying "SERVICE ESC", "SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL" AND "FORWARD COLLISION SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE". Truck idling rough and hear a clicking on bottom sounds like a gear engaging or something. 4th time is the shop! First few was for overheating transmission due to a twisted line. VERY FRSRTRATED! DON'T KNOW WHO TO COMPLAIN TO.

Ask the dealer for the executive resolution team contact information. You could also talk to a lawyer about lemon law (most offer free consultation).

Appleman88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I experienced weird vibration at low vehicle and engine speed this morning on the way to school with my kids. almost like a flat tire. Is this a symptom? I'm around 2,300 miles now.
i WAS IN L1 CLIMBING A STEEP DRIVEWAY AND FELT THE SAME. THE NEXT MORNING IS WHEN MY TRUCK HAD THE FAILED LIFTER WITH ALL OF THE ASSOCIATED ALARMS. NOT SUR IF IT WAS RELATED. 7300 MILES

bella814

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Add my 2023 Z71 Tahoe, yes, 2023 with 3200 miles to the list. Just had all the service lights go off and running really rough! dropped it at the dealer without an appointment and the service advisor guessed what it was before they even looked at it.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not surprised at all... QC for all manufactures is gone currently. Tesla/Rivian/GM/FoMoCo/FCG/BMW and more, are all having quality control issues. More so in the US because of embargos and tariffs.

There isnt much on the new market I would buy right now.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not surprised at all... QC for all manufactures is gone currently. Tesla/Rivian/GM/FoMoCo/FCG/BMW and more, are all having quality control issues. More so in the US because of embargos and tariffs.

I'm wary about buying anything manufactured while supply chains are still a problem. Maybe 2024 and 2025 production will have less quality control issues.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tesla? They have always had problems regardless of year.
Rivian is a startup.
Gm, ford, and other domestics have supplier problems.
Stick to toyota if you cant afford any down time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent