2022 Yukon Denali: Dealer Markup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my thought. Just seemed weird and unethical to do that. It’s truly lame for them to take my deposit and “place my order,” only to offer it to a higher bidder later.

i read that as they may place your order---but they will skip over your place in line when your allocation time comes up if they have someone behind you willing to pay over sticker...meaning they may place the initial order but your actual order won't be getting built anytime soon

Last edited:

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine a couple months ago (supposed to be built this week) with GM Friends and Family discount (not quite as good as the usual GM discount), so it'll be below MSRP.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
That was my thought. Just seemed weird and unethical to do that. It’s truly lame for them to take my deposit and “place my order,” only to offer it to a higher bidder later.

They’re car salesman. I wouldn’t trust them

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in early February, when this dealer still had some allocations reasonably available, I gave their info and several have ordered from them. I am driving mine. 9% off sticker, plus your typical $899 dealer fee in Florida.

Search this forum, Rivard Buick GMC, Tampa FL. It seems they are overbooked vs. allocations for the 2022 model year now. They are one of the very few in the country with this pricing strategy and hopefully they carry on for 2023.

There were no surprises or games, delivery was not high pressure and we were in and out in 45 minutes.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to shop around to find a stealer that wouldn't add $7,500 TO $15,000 market adjustment. I had to order mine, but I was able to get the dealer to commit to MSRP, which is painful for me, I have never paid close to MSRP. The dealer also did not require a deposit when the ordered it.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in early February, when this dealer still had some allocations reasonably available, I gave their info and several have ordered from them. I am driving mine. 9% off sticker, plus your typical $899 dealer fee in Florida.

Search this forum, Rivard Buick GMC, Tampa FL. It seems they are overbooked vs. allocations for the 2022 model year now. They are one of the very few in the country with this pricing strategy and hopefully they carry on for 2023.

There were no surprises or games, delivery was not high pressure and we were in and out in 45 minutes.

Yep - anybody willing to play ball has all they want.

Saw where there is a Ford dealer that has 120+ Super Duty trucks that have been accepted with VINs and another 250+ that they've received orders/deposits on that they are hoping to get allocations for since Ford shut down the ordering for the HDs 4/1. The dealer received 17 allocations for April....

Like everything else in life - the ones that get in early are the ones that really reap the rewards

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I had to shop around to find a stealer that wouldn't add $7,500 TO $15,000 market adjustment. I had to order mine, but I was able to get the dealer to commit to MSRP, which is painful for me, I have never paid close to MSRP. The dealer also did not require a deposit when the ordered it.
I wouldn't be too upset.

MSRP now is going to feel like a win in the next year.

And I'll bet you can turn a quick profit this summer if you ever wanted to sell the car. If I am reading into this situation correctly, by late June and July to August, it'll be practically impossible to find a brand new Tahoe or Yukon at any dealership. And by then if you wanted to order a 2023 there will be so many 2023s pre-ordered (from 2022s that were never accepted) that the wait will be just as bad as it is now....so the average joe looking to buy one of these cars this summer will be absolutely getting killed....they'll be forced to pay a premium for a used car.... or a dealer happens to have one they will have an even more absurd markup then what we are seeing

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase/order a brand new 2022 Yukon Denali, fully loaded, and the dealer I’m talking wants a $9k markup. I essentially told him no thanks.

Has anyone recently ordered or purchased something similar without a markup? I know the car market is tight, but that just seems ridiculous.
I went to Casa De Cadillac in Sherman Oaks California, and they did NOT charge over sticker. In fact, they had me sign a disclaimer stating that they agree not charge me a dealer markup, immediately after I placed my order. I inevitably cancelled my order a month later, but they did what most other dealerships here in SoCal don't do...

Attachments

• Casa De Cadillac Agreement.jpg
    Casa De Cadillac Agreement.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk