2022 Yukon AT4 wants BASS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I talked to my buddies they said they deleted the main battery all together because the stock battery or agm battery would drain down the lithium if their all connected and that the new lithium cells would be the new main battery to run the truck

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you do away with the battery if I’m not mistaken I’d have to check with my two buddy’s I haven’t actually done this setup yet but a couple of my bass head buddy’s have and had great results. Plus the lithium is supposed to last 10years or so supposedly over a normal battery which might get what 3 years? Before needing to be replaced
What do you mean do away with...as in remove the stock battery or just leave the stock battery alone, drop in the lithium, wire up amp/LC2i to the lithium and call it a day? If not connecting in some fashion to the stock battery, how does the lithium bank recharge? As in the videos ive watched, they said dont mix AGM and lithium...so slightly confused this moment lol.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
What do you mean do away with...as in remove the stock battery or just leave the stock battery alone, drop in the lithium, wire up amp/LC2i to the lithium and call it a day? If not connecting in some fashion to the stock battery, how does the lithium bank recharge? As in the videos ive watched, they said dont mix AGM and lithium...so slightly confused this moment lol.
Yes you completely do away with the stock battery and the wiring for it and run new wiring directly from the inline fuse to the lithium bank and ground it underneath where you mount it at by running bolts through the frame or finding a good ground point that’s already there I’ve used seat bolts before for amps but not for something like this.
For our setup a 6 bank lithium setup would be plenty and a stock alternator should handle it fine chris has I think 10-12 but he also has 20,000 watts in his Tahoe

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going the Lithium route might be the best route to go, but seems like alot of things to do and then maybe also needing an alternator (over the 170amp stock) upgrade. Me knowing me....once I get done with a project, I change my mine. So with that being said, I think i'll just keep it simple to gauge my interest long term and just got with an additional AGM 12v XS Power battery.

Can snag this local for (asking) $300: https://www.amazon.com/XS-Power-Battery-Top-Post-Terminals/dp/B074T3RX2Z

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going the Lithium route might be the best route to go, but seems like alot of things to do and then maybe also needing an alternator (over the 170amp stock) upgrade. Me knowing me....once I get done with a project, I change my mine. So with that being said, I think i'll just keep it simple to gauge my interest long term and just got with an additional AGM 12v XS Power battery.

Can snag this local for (asking) $300: https://www.amazon.com/XS-Power-Battery-Top-Post-Terminals/dp/B074T3RX2Z
if you wanted to just add a lithium bank of some sort you could just run a 2nd alternator and have it charge the lithium only. then you could leave the stock battery and everything else alone. the lithium would be seperated and the only connection to the stock system would be a trigger.
no trigger-system off
charging only when the alternator is spinning.
no discharging otherwise.
you would probably just need to add some kind of regulator for charging the lithium properly

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
if you wanted to just add a lithium bank of some sort you could just run a 2nd alternator and have it charge the lithium only. then you could leave the stock battery and everything else alone. the lithium would be seperated and the only connection to the stock system would be a trigger.
no trigger-system off
charging only when the alternator is spinning.
no discharging otherwise.
you would probably just need to add some kind of regulator for charging the lithium properly
I believe he does have some sort of regulator but there’s also a piece that goes and wires to each lithium cell to evenly charge the cells without over charging them they call it a LTO balancer

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he does have some sort of regulator but there’s also a piece that goes and wires to each lithium cell to evenly charge the cells without over charging them they call it a LTO balancer
ya I browsed thru the video and saw the balancer purpose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo