2022 Tahoe - Rear ended a month or so ago. Got the vehicle back today with different parts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d certainly be upset, too! I’d take it back to the shop and voice your concerns and see if you can’t get some traction that way. That’s one of those things that’d cause me to sell it and move on because I’d be so disappointed in how it turned out after the wreck.

Funny enough I told my wife after getting it home and noticing all these issues that I'd rather just trade it in (hell used ones are still worth more than what I paid anyway) and get a new one. Call it OCD or whatever, but these little issues would drive me absolutely insane knowing they exist on this brand new vehicle. Figures, first time in my life I've had a brand new vehicle and this happens.

Complaint 1 is: How did your body guy install the power lift gate button in the access for manual latch release? Were the assembly instructions wrong, or was he just not attentive to detail?

Exactly. The girl I've worked with has been more than helpful so thus far I've really attempted to keep my frustrations in check. She's promised me they'll fix all these issues so I'm cautiously optimistic. But you're right, to me this just seems like attention to detail. The button thing is of course in working order although in the wrong place and the other issues I've found are more little annoyances that most people probably wouldn't even see, but given this vehicle is like 6.5 months old and was brand new when I got it, I want it fixed and as close to the original as possible. If it was nine years old with 85k miles, then I probably wouldn't care as much, but c'mon. Take some pride in what you're doing.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so I'm aware, could someone tell me what the button area looks like where the emergency access is supposed to go? just so I'll know once they "fix" this? Is it just a blank piece of plastic which can be punched out? I never even noticed it was there prior to the wreck

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny enough I told my wife after getting it home and noticing all these issues that I'd rather just trade it in (hell used ones are still worth more than what I paid anyway) and get a new one. Call it OCD or whatever, but these little issues would drive me absolutely insane knowing they exist on this brand new vehicle. Figures, first time in my life I've had a brand new vehicle and this happens.

Exactly. The girl I've worked with has been more than helpful so thus far I've really attempted to keep my frustrations in check. She's promised me they'll fix all these issues so I'm cautiously optimistic. But you're right, to me this just seems like attention to detail. The button thing is of course in working order although in the wrong place and the other issues I've found are more little annoyances that most people probably wouldn't even see, but given this vehicle is like 6.5 months old and was brand new when I got it, I want it fixed and as close to the original as possible. If it was nine years old with 85k miles, then I probably wouldn't care as much, but c'mon. Take some pride in what you're doing.
Oh, I didn't say be rude, but one can hold people accountable for an explanation without being a jerk. It is a completely justified question to ask...just state it as your expectation and your concern that if this is the amount of detail paid to things you can see; how might the things you can't see be done?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the liftgate knockout and where the switch belongs

Attachments

• liftgate knockout.jpg
    liftgate knockout.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 12
  • switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*sigh*

I was unaware of that tidbit. I assumed they’d repair it as close to “new” as it was before wrecked. Amazing to me that they’ll use shit after market parts
After witnessing the last ~3 years of China virus stupidity, absolutely nothing astonishes me anymore.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't say be rude, but one can hold people accountable for an explanation without being a jerk. It is a completely justified question to ask...just state it as your expectation and your concern that if this is the amount of detail paid to things you can see; how might the things you can't see be done?
Agreed
Here is a pic of the liftgate knockout and where the switch belongs
Thank you!

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Workforce enthusiasm and morale is perhaps at an all time record breaking low, and for good reason too.

rst08tierney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've fortunately only have been in 2 minor accidents in the last 40 years but each time I've sold the vehicle after repair.

Orange peel, paint nibs, new rattles and leaks etc etc. Vehicles just never the same after an accident

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM