2022 Tahoe - Rear ended a month or so ago. Got the vehicle back today with different parts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have done an inspection and not signed off on it. How bad was the crash damage...any pics?

Not a fan of that button location. Maybe not needed to use OEM button...but come on atleast put it where it goes.

Look at it this way, now you have a pre cut square to route something...?

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have done an inspection and not signed off on it. How bad was the crash damage...any pics?

Not a fan of that button location. Maybe not needed to use OEM button...but come on atleast put it where it goes.

Look at it this way, now you have a pre cut square to route something...?
I gave it a once over before I left but had to pick my daughter up from school. I know this place guarantees their work forever too (previous experience) so I didn’t care to go over every detail.

Yeah here’s the pic. Doesn’t look terrible but ended up being just shy of $6k to fix:

1670388836346.jpeg

The other guy’s looked worse:

1670388922608.jpeg

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in my Super Duty F250 6" lift...lady turned into me in close traffic and scuffed slightly (simply rubbed away all marks on my truck) my tire and lower bumper, she had about 3K damage to rear quarter panel. Told her no police report needed and we went on our way. While my day continued to go well...hers turned costly that morning.

How are you not going to see a big ass truck right next to you LOL!

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another video of a side panel on the liftgate which to me seems a little loose or cheaply put together? Anyone else have a '22 Tahoe and can see if yours is the same?
Admittedly I never inspected the vehicle prior to it going in to be fixed, I guess when it's brand new it's not something you do. So, it's entirely possible I'm just making a big deal about nothing and it's identical to how it was brand new.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another video of a side panel on the liftgate which to me seems a little loose or cheaply put together? Anyone else have a '22 Tahoe and can see if yours is the same?

Admittedly I never inspected the vehicle prior to it going in to be fixed, I guess when it's brand new it's not something you do. So, it's entirely possible I'm just making a big deal about nothing and it's identical to how it was brand new.
That seems much looser than mine. Mine is not rock solid, I can grab at those edges you're grabbing and and get a little bit of movement, but not nearly as much. Seems like a backside attachment point is broken on yours.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems much looser than mine. Mine is not rock solid, I can grab at those edges you're grabbing and and get a little bit of movement, but not nearly as much. Seems like a backside attachment point is broken on yours.
Thanks. I’m headed back to the shop Tuesday to get everything looked at and fixed (hopefully)

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@tahoe81 time for a road trip back to the shop that did this disservice for you.
No doubt. Taking it back in Tuesday. I’ve noticed even more stuff since posting. My back window won’t close easily (really have to force it or it just bounces back open) either. Also a paint blemish of some sort (which I showed them before I left) and the trailer hitch cover not lined up correctly with a gap on the right side. Seems something wasn’t installed right with it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d certainly be upset, too! I’d take it back to the shop and voice your concerns and see if you can’t get some traction that way. That’s one of those things that’d cause me to sell it and move on because I’d be so disappointed in how it turned out after the wreck.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Complaint 1 is: How did your body guy install the power lift gate button in the access for manual latch release? Were the assembly instructions wrong, or was he just not attentive to detail?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65