2022 Tahoe aftermarket airbags for towing - do they exist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sag and destroy rear tires!
This!

I havnt paid any attention to the alignment of the tire when these are sagging, but i have seen many of the smaller irs suv’s that the tires are leaning terribly when they are under a load. If that is the case with these….then yes, will chew the tires right up !

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon Denali with magnetic ride but not air bags. I have a 650lb tongue weight trailer and with WDH it pulls the rear down 1" and front up 1/2". I've tried to research retrofit of air ride but doesn't seem to exist.

But maybe heavier duty springs would be good enough? This link was given in another post - https://www.hdcoilsprings.com/produ...burban-tahoe-yukon-yukon-xl-rear-coil-spring/ - and it specifically lists Tahoe, Yukon, 2021-2023.....

In my case maybe the 1" would go to only 1/2"? - e.g. almost unnoticeable?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon Denali with magnetic ride but not air bags. I have a 650lb tongue weight trailer and with WDH it pulls the rear down 1" and front up 1/2". I've tried to research retrofit of air ride but doesn't seem to exist.

But maybe heavier duty springs would be good enough? This link was given in another post - https://www.hdcoilsprings.com/produ...burban-tahoe-yukon-yukon-xl-rear-coil-spring/ - and it specifically lists Tahoe, Yukon, 2021-2023.....

In my case maybe the 1" would go to only 1/2"? - e.g. almost unnoticeable?
How much do you drive when not towing? The unloaded ride could possibly suffer if the springs are quite a bit stiffer. Something to consider anyway.

Thats where air ride shines…best of both worlds.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much do you drive when not towing? The unloaded ride could possibly suffer if the springs are quite a bit stiffer. Something to consider anyway.
80% towing, 20% non-towing right now.

Thats where air ride shines…best of both worlds.
Yes, and.... we don't have 'a problem' towing with 1" sag... so not sure it's worth messing with.

Not sure how deep the sag is for the OP

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
80% towing, 20% non-towing right now.

Yes, and.... we don't have 'a problem' towing with 1" sag... so not sure it's worth messing with.

Not sure how deep the sag is for the OP

Shoot…with those stats, i would say you are a candidate to try the stiffer springs. Could be a night a day difference for the better.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something like that with the on board air compressor kit with in cab digital inflation/deflation system used for airbags would probably be a sweet little setup. I know Airlift has one of those setups.
I'd just extend the valves and use a portable compressor.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just extend the valves and use a portable compressor.
Thats what i have on my truck for the supplemental bag setup. Works fine as i only use the bags several times a year. But no way in hell i would go that route when air is the only means of suspension. I would want complete control at the touch of a button, from inside the cab.

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i have on my truck for the supplemental bag setup. Works fine as i only use the bags several times a year. But no way in hell i would go that route when air is the only means of suspension. I would want complete control at the touch of a button, from inside the cab.
Oh, absolutely. My understanding is these shocks are in addition to the springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OuttaGass