2022 Tahoe aftermarket airbags for towing - do they exist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Table

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2022 Tahoe Z71 without the air ride suspension. I tow a travel trailer and also a boat and would like to install airbags for the rear suspension so I don’t have a sagging tail end. My local mechanic says he can’t seem to find any that are compatible with the new Tahoes. I searched online and can’t find any either. Has anyone had any luck finding aftermarket airbags??

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything yet but would love to find something. These things sag like crazy when towing if you don't have air

crankin

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find a solution for the above question?

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't really much you can do at this point. Adding bags or support will compromise handling when not towing (possibly to a dangerous extent), and air bags can't go inside the coils as it is a coilover spring/shock in the rear. Honestly, the only real option is finding a truck with air ride.

socalsrt8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any way the oem rear air suspension could be added ($$$) with a 3rd party controller, tank, compressor, etc?

benalbright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been hoping to find a solution as well for my '21 Suburban LS w/ 3.0L. My guess is we can retrofit the air shocks from the other models, if you can find them, then fill them manually. I wish it was easier to retrofit options that didn't come from the factory.

elusive_danimal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any luck on this topic? I have a 2022 with standard suspension. When I purchased it I thought I could just put helper bags and call it a day. Now that I cant I have to figure out if I can somehow put aftermarket air ride on it or go trade it in for a denali or high country with air ride.

elusive_danimal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone found any type of solution for this yet? Are all tahoes built with the same wiring harness? Could you just add OEM kit and have the software updated so the airride is on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts