2021 Yukon slips when accelerating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asercey80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Yukon seems to be slipping or making a slip bump sensation when I am stopped and start to accelerate. At first I thought maybe it was because it’s always rainy where I live but we just had knee tires put on and it is doing the same thing. Any ideas?

thill466

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Yukon seems to be slipping or making a slip bump sensation when I am stopped and start to accelerate. At first I thought maybe it was because it’s always rainy where I live but we just had knee tires put on and it is doing the same thing. Any ideas?
Did you ever figure this out? My wife's 22 at4 has a slip/driveline slack on acceleration 1 our of 10 times from a dead stop.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the newer stuff but being just a bit low on trans. fluid can cause this on some transmissions, Mopar stuff for sure.

coachhomer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wifes 2021 just started doing this and I was hoping to find some information on here. I hooked it up to a scanner and the trouble code I received was U043A Invalid Data Received from Suspension Control Module B. Will be searching and get back with any additional info I find.

thill466

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wifes 2021 just started doing this and I was hoping to find some information on here. I hooked it up to a scanner and the trouble code I received was U043A Invalid Data Received from Suspension Control Module B. Will be searching and get back with any additional info I find.
Any luck finding your issue?

thill466

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not yet. Holiday weekend but ours seems to be getting worse. Will definitely report back with any findings...
FWIW, I noticed my wife's car was in "auto". I know GM claims it wont damage it to leave it in auto, but obviously there is no need to leave it in auto for daily driving if the car is a pavement princess. I switched it to 2wd, and could not get the slight random thud to replicate. I only drove it for 15 minutes, once I'm able to drive it more I will report back if that solved the issue. Would be interested to know if y'alls is also in auto or 2wd when you had the bump?

@Asercey80 @coachhomer

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another post about slipping type behavior; I did a quick search but didn't find it. Root of the issue was the OP had been running in Auto for a very long time.
Basically, Auto in the dry accelerates wear in the drivetrain and it feels like slippage.

coachhomer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FWIW, I noticed my wife's car was in "auto". I know GM claims it wont damage it to leave it in auto, but obviously there is no need to leave it in auto for daily driving if the car is a pavement princess. I switched it to 2wd, and could not get the slight random thud to replicate. I only drove it for 15 minutes, once I'm able to drive it more I will report back if that solved the issue. Would be interested to know if y'alls is also in auto or 2wd when you had the bump?

@Asercey80 @coachhomer
So funny. You beat me to it. That was my wife's issue. Never noticed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts