2021 Yukon Engine Fail at 2,000 miles !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purchased a New 2021 Yukon SLT in January. As of todays date, it only has 2,000 miles on it. Well yesterday the lifters went along with bent pushrods. My wife was driving it and all of a sudden she felt like the truck was coming apart, lost power, no acceleration and it was running extremely rough. GMC dealer towed it to dealership and called us with the results stated above. Only 2,000 MILES !!!!! Don't care that they are fixing it, going to try to force GM to buy it back, completely unacceptable on a new 2,000 mile vehicle. Lost all confidence in this vehicle. WTF GM !

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased a New 2021 Yukon SLT in January. As of todays date, it only has 2,000 miles on it. Well yesterday the lifters went along with bent pushrods. My wife was driving it and all of a sudden she felt like the truck was coming apart, lost power, no acceleration and it was running extremely rough. GMC dealer towed it to dealership and called us with the results stated above. Only 2,000 MILES !!!!! Don't care that they are fixing it, going to try to force GM to buy it back, completely unacceptable on a new 2,000 mile vehicle. Lost all confidence in this vehicle. WTF GM !
I have been in litigation with GM for months. Hopefully we will have a settlement by summer. Ours was out of service and in the shop for close to 35 days for fuel management issues activating Michigan's Lemon Law 30 day rule in the first year. My engine also falls in that window of bad lifters and valve springs. All I asked was to replace the lifters and springs before the engine blew up. GM refused so we lawyer-up and are forcing their hand now. Pathetic quality and customer service from the regional rep on up!!!! Hopefully I can get out of this Tahoe before the engine self destructs :(

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bent a valve on a 3000 miles Acura. They didn’t buy it back, and trade in on a 3 month old car was abysmal. It was repaired and I lived with it for 2 years then traded it in for a new model of the same car

Koala

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Yukon Denali 4WD 6300 miles left me stranded 350 miles from home. Nearest GM dealership is 125 miles away and 475 miles from home. Like the commercial "Next appointment 2 weeks on Tuesday" The engine has a loud knocking sound from the inside, lost power and multiple random error lights including Rear Axel System Off, Service Traction Control, Service ESC, Check Engine I am assuming it is a lifter failure. I am in a remote ski area of California and can't get a one way rental car for 3 days. Not sure how i am going to get back to pick up my car after it gets fixed.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Yukon Denali 4WD 6300 miles left me stranded 350 miles from home. Nearest GM dealership is 125 miles away and 475 miles from home. Like the commercial "Next appointment 2 weeks on Tuesday" The engine has a loud knocking sound from the inside, lost power and multiple random error lights including Rear Axel System Off, Service Traction Control, Service ESC, Check Engine I am assuming it is a lifter failure. I am in a remote ski area of California and can't get a one way rental car for 3 days. Not sure how i am going to get back to pick up my car after it gets fixed.
Bummer about your logistical nightmare.

When was the build date on your truck?

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man- sorry to hear that happened! Same thing happened to me in my 21 Denali approx 400 miles from home. GM will offer their “reunite” service which is a semi vehicle transport truck to deliver your vehicle back to you. I’d suggest you immediately contact GMC Corporate and start the paper trail on trip interruption reimbursement and rental car reimbursement. I had to rent a Uhaul truck as there were no one-way rentals for almost a week. God, what a nightmare. Praying you get home safe and sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10