2021 Yukon Denali Trailering Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new-to-me 2021 Yukon Denali w/ 3.0L Duramax and am enjoying it so far. I intend to tow a two axle 21' box travel trailer this camping seasons and am interested in monitoring the trailer tire pressures with the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor I see here:

The page says:
  • Vehicle REQUIRES Factory Option U1D (In-vehicle Trailering App)
  • Includes Models with Factory Option ZL6 (ProGrade Trailering System) which includes U1D (In-vehicle Trailering App)
How do I know for sure if I have factory option U1D? I see a trailering app on my infotainment screen but I'd love better confirmation I have option U1D because those sensors are non-returnable once the package is opened. I've tried VIN lookups but haven't see U1D. The window sticker says "Trailering Equipment" but I don't have max trailering/the integrated brake controller.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open your driver door and on the lower jamb near the lower hinge to the rear door is a QR code - scan that with your phone camera and you’ll get all your RPO codes.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
Z

Zoso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings from MA (I live right on the NH border).

I appreciate the help learning how to retrieve and decode the RPO codes. I don't see U1D in my build so it looks like my truck won't support the trailer TPMS sensors. The Trailering App in my infotainment system nearly had me fooled into thinking I had Option U1D (In-vehicle Trailering App). That would have been nearly $300 of wasted money if I had purchased the sensors. Many thanks.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have ZL6, you have it..not only U1D...but the key to having "it" is having the Max Traiering Package, option code NHT, and if you have NHT, you will have a factory trailer brake controller.

Last edited:

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very convenient feature

Attachments

• 2024-04-14 19-21-05.JPG
    2024-04-14 19-21-05.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members