2021 RWD Denali Differential Service recommendations...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a recommended service interval on the differential?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a recommended service interval on the differential?
If you get in glove box in owner's manual there is a list of service intervals and a section of recommended fluids and parts numbers.

OP
OP
J

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get in glove box in owner's manual there is a list of service intervals and a section of recommended fluids and parts numbers.

Yeah, did that and double and triple checked -- doesn't mention a thing about differential. Have you read the manual?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s right, not a single mention of fear diff maintenance in the maintenance schedule. I suggest around 45k, when you do the transmission fluid and filter.
I see that they are not wanting owner to work on vehicle after years of specifications being put in owner's manual crazy.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that they are not wanting owner to work on vehicle after years of specifications being put in owner's manual crazy.
You can always buy the service manual, or subscribe to Alldata. It is tough these days, you need access to all the computers and calibrations (firmware for the various modules) in order to work on your ride.

Agree though, I find it really odd they don't have rear diff service, esp in the "Severe" service section. As I understand it though, there is not even a drain plug on the rear diff, so its a remove the cover, replace the gasket, clean it all out, and refill scenario.

I tow a lot (not real heavy, 4500lb boat), but about 25-30% of my miles. So I get the whole driveline on all my trucks done at the transmission service interval. My service manager says I may be a bit overzealous on the front and rear diff service, but he says the transfer case service is a must (not applicable for you, since you have 2WD), as there is onlly about 1.3 qt in the T-Case.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As has been mentioned already, it is not in the manual for the 2021.
Even in the 2017 Manual, there is no specified service interval for the rear diff, only specifies what fluid to use...Honestly, I don't ever recall seeing rear diff service listed in the maintenance schedule for any of the light duty Full Size GM trucks I have owned, including the 2004 and 2013's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518